XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
XenPorta exists within XenForo. Wherever XF exists, XP exists. The preferred method to to install XF on your root.
Right but in this case, the forum has existed in /forum for 15 years, so I'm not about to move it. We're just placing Wordpress with XenPorta and I was hoping to have it be on the domain root, but if that's not easily doable, no big deal, I can just do a 301 redirect to xenporta in the forum/ directory.

That option does not automatically promote a thread... it simply checks the promote to article box when creating a thread.

Which from my understanding automatically promotes a thread to an article in the articles page.

It says auto promote forums. I'm sure you can understand why anyone may think that means automatically promote content.

Just to be clear: is there any option to have a category auto-promoted to Porta, or do you have to manually do it per thread?
I am just asking since I need a way to auto-promote a category, and if I have to manually move (check) the thread, then this addon won't work for me.
If no, it is still a great mod :)

Can this add-on be used for the Media section?

My website's major focus is on media submissions, not the forums.

If the feature is not available for the Media section, can this be added?

If Yes, then I will purchase the XenPorta add-on.

I am now considering this add-on. Looking into my options. I want some sort of blog-type system that could be used to replace WordPress. Could I embed posts from specific board(s) and have them display on the homepage, a 'blog' page, etc?

I am now considering this add-on. Looking into my options. I want some sort of blog-type system that could be used to replace WordPress. Could I embed posts from specific board(s) and have them display on the homepage, a 'blog' page, etc?

This is similar to my request.

The author has told me that other sections outside the forums will not be considered at this time.

That’s too bad because it looks like a well programmed add-on, but it’s not for my media oriented website.

This is similar to my request.

The author has told me that other sections outside the forums will not be considered at this time.

That’s too bad because it looks like a well programmed add-on, but it’s not for my media oriented website.
Hmm, would it function like an easier to use website builder at least? I do want to move my pages from WP and only have one software running, with one log-in.

Hmm, would it function like an easier to use website builder at least? I do want to move my pages from WP and only have one software running, with one log-in.

Honestly, I don’t know for certain if the add-on will accomplish the goals you are trying to achieve in regards to the initial landing page of your website.

I would check out the YouTube video of the add-on to make your own determination.

Search on YouTube for ‘How to install XenPorta on Xenforo’.

Feature request: Warning or preventing merging of older posts/threads into a thread that is an article

If an older thread / post is merged into a thread that has been made into an article, unexpected things may occur such as the edited article moves to a later post in the thread and the original thread URL may change.

As a general rule I ask mods not to merge older posts/threads into threads that have been made into articles but at times a mod may have missed a thread was turned into an article. It would be great to have some sort of warning or prevention altogether of merging older posts into threads that are articles.

I'm interested in purchasing this resource, but I'd like to have it look more like the old XF1 xenporta, with the user's avatar and just a promoted thread. Is there any way to set it up like that?

Thanks! :)

Is there a way to change the sort order of articles? We'd like to sort it based on when it was promoted to an article. Is that possible? I can't find any setting that controls this.

I'm interested in purchasing this resource, but I'd like to have it look more like the old XF1 xenporta, with the user's avatar and just a promoted thread. Is there any way to set it up like that?

Thanks! :)
Yes.

Is there a way to change the sort order of articles? We'd like to sort it based on when it was promoted to an article. Is that possible? I can't find any setting that controls this.
Set the promotion date.

Top Bottom