XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO [Paid] 2.1.1.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I'm using the medio widget on my sidebar and displaying just one category. This category has at least 50+ videos - on refresh, I was expecting the 4/5 videos I have displayed in the video to randomise or change and show other video items within that category. Is there a way for me to randomise that?

Thanks
Any word, Jaxel?

Hey @Jaxel , feature request, shouldn't be too difficult, but howabout a permissions setting based on categories?

Eg: A section for view/post permissions per category in the media gallery so for example if I wanted to have a section called "Admin Clips" Only admins can view/see this category and post to it.

Would this be possible?

Hey @Jaxel , feature request, shouldn't be too difficult, but howabout a permissions setting based on categories?

Eg: A section for view/post permissions per category in the media gallery so for example if I wanted to have a section called "Admin Clips" Only admins can view/see this category and post to it.

Would this be possible?
Added for next version. It's currently live on 8WR, so i can test how it affects query performance.

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO with a new update entry:

2.1.1.2 - CHANGELOG

• You can now set usergroup permissions on a per-category basis. You can now make it so only certain categories can only be viewed by specific usergroups. As such, media belonging to those categories will be restricted as well.
  • The media widget can now be set to display random media, instead of the newest media.
  • FunnyOrDie and Mixer have been removed from the supported services.
  • Fixed media scraping for the NicoVideo service.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @Jaxel , is it possible to simply put images in the media gallery? when I try to put an image in, it says the media isn't supported? How would I add a single image? is that possible?

Last edited:
@Jaxel how can i set auto create thread like in xenmedio1
i have only 1 forum for video and 1 prefix for vidéo
for now both default are "none"

when it's set to "none" my members does not use autothread and i have media without thread
@Jaxel can you do something for this
i want them to be set with the good prefix and forum by default (it was like that in xenmedio 1)

Hey Jaxel, installing from scratch using the new version there's a missing column 'category_groups' on the 'ewr_medio_categories' table. I checked the installer and it indeed seems missing in step 1. Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Hey Jaxel, installing from scratch using the new version there's a missing column 'category_groups' on the 'ewr_medio_categories' table. I checked the installer and it indeed seems missing in step 1. Or am I missing something?

Thanks
Add it as varbinary 255.

Hey Jaxel, not entirely sure if this is XenPorta or XenMedio related.

Let's say you add a medio item, auto create a thread, and then promote it to a XenPorta article. Everything works good and it shows up in the article list, with the article icon header image.

However let's say you have a page with several article widgets that by chance, all include the same medio article. The first instance will show the icon image, but the rest do not - and collapse to the h2.block-header format instead.

1597792323309.webp

What's weird is that dumping the article.article_icon data for each widget will actually return null after the first instance, even if it's there in the values :unsure:. This only happens with medio articles and not external or attach.

Any ideas?

I haven't used this in a while because I closed down my last forum but I'm looking at this again with a fresh use case in mind. It must be fairly straightforward to support other image services when there's a public, well-documented API right? Like DeviantArt for example. I'm reasonably certain that I could crowdfund the inclusion of 3 or 4 relatively niche image providers if there was interest in adding them in exchange for some sum (since they probably wouldn't be a value add for the average user).

PS: I remember inquiring about Bit Chute support before and I'm super excited to see that this got added. Thank you so much for doing that.

I haven't used this in a while because I closed down my last forum but I'm looking at this again with a fresh use case in mind. It must be fairly straightforward to support other image services when there's a public, well-documented API right? Like DeviantArt for example. I'm reasonably certain that I could crowdfund the inclusion of 3 or 4 relatively niche image providers if there was interest in adding them in exchange for some sum (since they probably wouldn't be a value add for the average user).

PS: I remember inquiring about Bit Chute support before and I'm super excited to see that this got added. Thank you so much for doing that.

This addon primarily works on embed codes. If a service has embed codes, then this addon can work with it.

I'm thinking to buy it, but i can't find here if will fulfill completely my needs.
Is it possible for youtube channel 'a' be posted automatically at forum node 'a' and youtube channel 'b' at forum node 'b' and so on, and is there a max ?

Top Bottom