XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO [Paid] 2.1.1.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
So, after going back and forth with @Jaxel via here and in PM's we could not get things sorted.

I finally wiped everything related to the API on the site and with Googl. Started fresh and still got the same issue. Started a new project, added a new key, (understand we did this a couple times already), and wallah it is magically working.

I have been at this for a couple weeks now and I have to believe that ultimately there was some failure on the api side of things and not with this addon. Who knows, maybe it will be broken by tomorrow again. Either way it is functional and I can move forward on my site now.

Jaxel, you are still the man of one word answers... I am thankful though for your assistance while troubleshooting this issue. This has been a favorite addon for me and it has been frustrating to say the least but in the end you did all you could to help and support the addon you created and that is all one can ask.

Thank you.

There are no widget positions for this addon...
I gathered that when I saw that the widget positions template was empty.. That's why I was asking how I could add them, or how I would accomplish what I'm seeking.

Any chance of adding these positions yourself to the addon? I'm sure it would be welcomed by others.

Last edited:
I gathered that when I saw that the widget positions template was empty.. That's why I was asking how I could add them, or how I would accomplish what I'm seeking.

Any chance of adding these positions yourself to the addon? I'm sure it would be welcomed by others.
What positions would you like me to add?

What positions would you like me to add?
It would be great to have a few positions.

The main media/index page
Header (Between title and breadcrumb perhaps?)
Underneath keywords to the left
Footer

Media/Video Page
Underneath Details to the right
Footer

Your Media
Underneath Playlists (To the left)

Possible for us to have a different widget per category?

Thank you for your time :)

Just wanted to clarify. Is it right that the addon no longer features a reaction/like feature for media?

The only reason I noticed it wasn't present was because the icons overlay for each media thumbnail illustrates the amount of likes and you can also sort per reactions?

If that's not correct - then my reaction/like feature isn't showing.

Thanks

hmm....just noticed we seem to have the same issue @Straydog was suffering.....

not sure how long this has been going on as there havent been any new uploads in over a month....cant upload from you tube at all tho.....had it working for a few months no problem....didnt change anything, now it doesnt work....

upgraded to latest version....changed the silly play button whatever icon.....not sure whats going on here, anyone?

ive tried replacing with a new API...same broken effect....what else can i try?.....i confirm that we had this working no problem for a while so the configs should all be proper....i confirm the config screenshots @Jaxel posted match....

not sure what to even try by now...

hmm....just noticed we seem to have the same issue @Straydog was suffering.....

not sure how long this has been going on as there havent been any new uploads in over a month....cant upload from you tube at all tho.....had it working for a few months no problem....didnt change anything, now it doesnt work....

upgraded to latest version....changed the silly play button whatever icon.....not sure whats going on here, anyone?

ive tried replacing with a new API...same broken effect....what else can i try?.....i confirm that we had this working no problem for a while so the configs should all be proper....i confirm the config screenshots @Jaxel posted match....

not sure what to even try by now...

Fully understand your frustration. Didn’t work. Created new api and it didn’t help either. Then magically after creating yet another api it started working.
I wish I had kept track of the api keys I used. It almost seems like a certain type of api key works. Like ending in the letter “Y” or the number 7 or something if you follow me.
There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for when it starts to work again.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.

hmm frustrating yes....ive tried switching to 5 or so diff api key then updating them in the configs.....no luck....i know sometimes its just whatever makes it work and who cares if it makes sense lol, but even trying this i am not sure exactly if im changing anything...

have tried restarting the server afterwards even, clearing all kind of cache and the usual basic things...dang gremlins

was able to get that working somehow after starting a new api project or whatever....

i have an additional request however....

i really love the functionality in this to be able to post comments without interrupting playback.....however, it isnt really apparent this is supported...

can you perhaps add a descriptive text line, or tell me how i can @Jaxel

just a simple statement easy to view stating that functionality would be really great....

EDIT: i also noticed a problem just now where comments to videos are displayed in duplicate on the latest activity page......

Last edited:
EDIT: i also noticed a problem just now where comments to videos are displayed in duplicate on the latest activity page......
You are correct. This is due to the XF:NewsFeedPublishable behavior which was added a while back... but I forgot to remove the manual publish.

Right now I have a forum where users share video embeds. If I implement XenMedio 2, does it have an option to auto-create threads the relevant category of the new content sort of how Resources does it?

Is there any way to change how links to the media library present themselves when shared on social media? One would think it would display a thumbnail of the video item linked to. This would be great! @Jaxel

- Edit - See below.

Last edited:
Is there any way to change how links to the media library present themselves when shared on social media? One would think it would display a thumbnail of the video item linked to. This would be great! @Jaxel
It does. og:image and twitter:image tags go to the thumbnail.

Really sorry. Please disregard my post. For anyone that has the same problem, it was because I had the unregistered/guest usergroup set to 'no' for viewing media.

Thanks Jaxel!

Last edited:
I'm using the medio widget on my sidebar and displaying just one category. This category has at least 50+ videos - on refresh, I was expecting the 4/5 videos I have displayed in the video to randomise or change and show other video items within that category. Is there a way for me to randomise that?

Thanks

Top Bottom