XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
I just bought this plugin and I am trying to change the frequency of backups so they happen daily instead of weekly and the time for it. I tried following the advice earlier about turning the forum into debug mode then go to cron entries to change the schedule in the plugin area there but it still doesn't let me change it. What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: Sorry I just realised that this place has a FAQ page and you answered the question here:

How can I change the schedule for the backup?

By default, the backup process is run every Thursday night according to a cron job in the Tools > Cron entries menu of your XenForo Admin CP. Changing the default cron job is not recommended, as it requires you to be in development mode and your changes will revert on upgrades. Instead, you should DISABLE the default cron job, and make a new cron job using similar settings.
Just based on this, though. Does the cron entry ID matter? I just added a bit to the end of it so I could save it and the original is still there just disabled as you recommended.

Last edited:
Split database and file structure backups into multiple files, it is an excellent idea. I will test the option as soon as the download link arrives.

PD.: I already had it in my inbox, I'll test it right away. Some time ago I administered a forum whose database exceeded 2 GB, and it was necessary to divide the backups into several fragments. The software that I managed was MySQLDumper (free), which has not been updated for a long time.

Last edited:
Any advice on how to restore from these backups?

Also, the link to your downloads page for newer versions in the FAQs is not working.

I saw there was an update, where can we download that? I am running 2.1.0.4.

Also, I'm planning to change the cron job to do nightly backups. I know to deactivate the existing one and create a new one. My question is, can the cron entry id be anything, or must it be ewrBackup? I wasn't sure if I needed to just deactivate or delete the standard cron job.

I saw there was an update, where can we download that? I am running 2.1.0.4.

Also, I'm planning to change the cron job to do nightly backups. I know to deactivate the existing one and create a new one. My question is, can the cron entry id be anything, or must it be ewrBackup? I wasn't sure if I needed to just deactivate or delete the standard cron job.
You should have received an email with a download link.

Only the "Cron callback" is important. ID and Name do not matter.

@Jaxel Can implement Google Drive as a solution cloud backup? and possibility of rsync? that would already be the perfect plugin.

Thanks for it.

Getting these errors upon upload to backblaze. Any idea?

Code:
ChrisWhite\B2\Exceptions\B2Exception: Received error from B2: incident id 4524c491927f-00946a5b71dfe3b4 src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/ErrorHandler.php:36
Generated by: smooth-c Oct 1, 2020 at 10:46 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/Http/Client.php(29): ChrisWhite\B2\ErrorHandler::handleErrorResponse(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response))
#1 src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/Client.php(217): ChrisWhite\B2\Http\Client->request('POST', 'https://pod-000...', Array)
#2 src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/BackBlazeB2.php(37): ChrisWhite\B2\Client->upload(Array)
#3 src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/Backup.php(97): EWR\Backup\Repository\BackBlazeB2->runBackupB2('/home/behindthe...', '2020-10-01')
#4 src/addons/EWR/Backup/Cron/Backup.php(11): EWR\Backup\Repository\Backup->runBackup()
#5 [internal function]: EWR\Backup\Cron\Backup::runBackup(Array)
#6 src/XF/Admin/Controller/CronEntry.php(112): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\CronEntry->actionRun(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:CronEntry', 'Run', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\CronEntry), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\CronEntry), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2190): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "/discussion/admin.php?cron/ewrBackup/run"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://www.behind-the-mask.net/discussion/admin.php?cron/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["cron/ewrBackup/run"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(1) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Many thanks

Now, it seems to upload to B2, but sporadically - but when running the cron manually, the browser times out and the following happens -

1601832233287.webp
This didn't happen before. I've contacted B2 with the incident id, but have yet to receive a reply.

When it seems to fail to upload, a few of the smaller files upload, like so -

1601832382944.webp

Is it possible to back up to more than one external location? If not - Can we run more than one instance of this addon so that we can?

Hello, will your add-on work for Google Cloud? I am using lampstack at Google Cloud and I believe myphpadmin as mysql database.
Thanks

Top Bottom