XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Try switching the different MySQL output format options.
I switched from Single file to Multiple files last night but no change. Backup doesn't complete on schedule, presumably leaving forum closed.

Looked in the backup location this morning but no corresponding folder created for last nights backup yet. Then, I loaded the forum index page (not even the AdminCP) and that action seemed to be enough to un-stick the backup job. Backup folder then appeared, and backup ran to completion without issue. Clearly the VPS is remaining active, but is the Backup process somehow sleeping? Or perhaps or the XF cron scheduler is snoozing because the forum isn't active? (This is a Test forum with no other user activity)

I am not Jaxel, but you have to understand how XF works.

An XF job cron is only run, if there is a visitor to trigger it. Say, you set the backup to 3 AM. Only if someone is online at that minute, the backup will run at that time. Not before. This is how XF works. So, if the next visitor comes at 4:45 AM, the backup runs at that time.

So, you gave the answer to yourself already. You set it on a test forum where nobody has access to it. So, when will it run? The next time someone comes online, which is you. And as you witnessed, then the backup ran.

I am using this addon since it came out. Had no issues luckily so far. It works perfectly for my case. I run daily backups at night and I used those backups hundreds of times already on my localhost setup.

An XF job cron is only run, if there is a visitor to trigger it. Say, you set the backup to 3 AM. Only if someone is online at that minute, the backup will run at that time. Not before. This is how XF works. So, if the next visitor comes at 4:45 AM, the backup runs at that time.
Thanks sbj for the explanation (and the reassurance)- that's something I wasn't aware of. It's possible that the production site can go several hours overnight without a "real" visitor, but hopefully page load by a bot will be frequent enough to trigger.

(Posting for anyone else who comes across this issue: I went digging and found this thread which explains further.) Unfortunate that the XF cron doesn't have a different name or use the system crontab.

Local back ups work fine. Integrated it with Backblaze and added the info and get this -

Code:
ChrisWhite\B2\Exceptions\B2Exception: Received error from B2: accountId invalid in src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/ErrorHandler.php at line 36
ChrisWhite\B2\ErrorHandler::handleErrorResponse() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/Http/Client.php at line 29
ChrisWhite\B2\Http\Client->request() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/Client.php at line 117
ChrisWhite\B2\Client->listBuckets() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/Client.php at line 427
ChrisWhite\B2\Client->getBucketIdFromName() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/vendor/cwhite92/b2-sdk-php/src/Client.php at line 167
ChrisWhite\B2\Client->upload() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/BackBlazeB2.php at line 37
EWR\Backup\Repository\BackBlazeB2->runBackupB2() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/Backup.php at line 97
EWR\Backup\Repository\Backup->runBackup() in src/addons/EWR/Backup/Cron/Backup.php at line 11
EWR\Backup\Cron\Backup::runBackup()
call_user_func() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/CronEntry.php at line 112
XF\Admin\Controller\CronEntry->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?

So I just got around to upgrading to 2.1.0.4 and while the backups exist locally, it's not sending them to Dropbox. The only files that are moving to Dropbox are:

_metadata.txt
_mysqllog.txt

Any ideas?

I had this running and it’s closing my forum and then not opening it back up. Getting an exec error.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] exec() has been disabled for security reasons src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/Backup.php:159
Generated by: Unknown account Jul 15, 2020 at 11:23 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] exe...', '/home/meadwenc/...', 159, Array)
#1 src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/Backup.php(159): exec('mysqldump --hos...')
#2 src/addons/EWR/Backup/Repository/Backup.php(65): EWR\Backup\Repository\Backup->runBackupMySQL(Array, Array)
#3 src/addons/EWR/Backup/Cron/Backup.php(11): EWR\Backup\Repository\Backup->runBackup()
#4 [internal function]: EWR\Backup\Cron\Backup::runBackup(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#9 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/community/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(89) "https://gotmead.com/community/threads/aeration-via-continuous-stirring-or-air-pump.17902/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

The post that’s referenced at the end has nothing odd in it.

I’ve turned off the plugin, because it was leaving my forum turned off. I’d like to do backups, that’s why I bought this, but no idea why this is happening. Any ideas? I see some others had the issue of their forum not turning back on after the backup ran.

Before you buy this addon however, you must be aware of a few requirements. This addon uses PHP's exec command to run MySQL's mysqldump command. If you're running off a shared hosting service, you may not have access to these powerful tools and be unable to use this addon.
I’m on a VPS and have server control.

Top Bottom