xF CMS Product?

BrandonT

Curious if there is a planned CMS product from xF? If so is it planned to run were you can use it at www.domain.com while your forum is for example at forums.domain.com?

Just wondering on this direction so I know if to set up my forums in a sub-domain or to put as primary.

( I would use 3rd party but I don't like not having this option even though they can do domain.com/forum or community the threads still show as domain.com/thread/xxx)

Please forgive sir.. I tend to overlook search time to time.

The topic kinda helped but not really so I will stick with the assumption of it's wanted but not planned so the question of sub-domain will be unanswered.

Just wondering on this direction so I know if to set up my forums in a sub-domain or to put as primary.
If you want a CMS like Wordpress ... install xenforo to a subdirectory like xenforo.com has done.
xenforo.com installed xenforo in the /community subdirectory
I like subdomains are a bit passe.
install Wordpress (or whatever CMS) into the root directory.

http://xenforo.com/community/search/1876512/?q=subdomain&o=date&c[title_only]=1
- why do you want to install it to a subdomain ?

Well I was thinking about doing /community but basically I didn't want to leave my forum at for example www.domain.com waiting for a CMS then have to switch it over to something like /community were it would interfere with thread link structure.

Is there a way to carry over my current xF style to wordpress? I will probably just do that and use it till xF has something.

Edit: I saw a wordpress bridge for $xx but wasn't sure if that always brings your style over.

Please forgive sir.. I tend to overlook search time to time.

The topic kinda helped but not really so I will stick with the assumption of it's wanted but not planned so the question of sub-domain will be unanswered.

Sorry if I came over a little.. harsh.

I'm just in a bad + vindictive mood after someone today has tried to discredit me/the site by alluding that I have been onto their account to read their private messages on my forum, when in fact, at the alleged time of this happening I was sat in a service station on the M1 with several people having a meet up / bite to eat, one of them being the other person they accused! It's so absurd it hurts.

Sorry if I came over a little.. harsh.

I'm just in a bad + vindictive mood after someone today has tried to discredit me/the site by alluding that I have been onto their account to read their private messages on my forum,.
Hah.....

I think it would be your right anyway to read PMs if it was your site!

I don't do it as a rule, but when I was told some members were "selling" their opinions and posts on my forum, I took a look at the offending member...and, sure enough, he was selling "pimping" to various folks! Amazing....

Most people are good - but a few rotten apples can spoil everything!

Top Bottom