• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 XF 2 Upgrade system page

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you want to use emojis you will need to convert the database.

Run this from the CLI:
Code:
php cmd.php xf:convert-utf8mb4

Nirjonadda

I have completed but The following tables failed to convert. How I can fixing this, Do we need convert this table? I will mentions to @DragonByte Tech @Siropu @Snog

Code:
The following tables failed to convert:
        * xf_dbtech_credits_eventtrigger: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified ke                                                                                                                                                             y was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
        * xf_dbtech_mail_message: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified key was to                                                                                                                                                             o long; max key length is 767 bytes
        * xf_siropu_ads_manager_positions: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified k                                                                                                                                                             ey was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
        * xf_siropu_ads_manager_promo_codes: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified                                                                                                                                                              key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
        * xf_snog_applications_positions: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified ke                                                                                                                                                             y was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
        * xf_snog_applications_types: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified key wa                                                                                                                                                             s too long; max key length is 767 bytes
You should contact the table creator for guidance. Failure to correct this may l                                                                                                                                                             ead to unexpected behavior.

Conversion complete, but with errors!
You must now add the following to your src/config.php file:
$config['fullUnicode'] = true;
[root@na public_html]#
ScreenShot00007.png

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's one for the respective developers to fix. It essentially means that those tables won't be able to support emoji characters until it is sorted.

If these developers check the 2000010-200a.php upgrade script, they will see we took steps to resolve similar issues with a xengallery_ table.

DragonByte Tech

On my part, the xf_dbtech_mail_message table does not need a conversion, but the xf_dbtech_credits_eventtrigger probably should (to support emoji in the transaction messages).

I'll look into the file mentioned by Chris and ensure the tables are updated for the next Beta versions.

@Chris D quick question; is there a way to test the conversion on my tables even if I installed XF2 with mb4? Can I specify the convert to only run on a specific table for testing purposes? When I run the command as-is, I get "no convertable tables found".

Fillip

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
You could just export an XF1 version of that table to your XF2 database though how viable that is, depends on how many schema changes there are.

If it hits a non utf8mb4 table then it will allow you to run it.

DragonByte Tech

You could just export an XF1 version of that table to your XF2 database though how viable that is, depends on how many schema changes there are.

If it hits a non utf8mb4 table then it will allow you to run it.
If they're not identical then I've made a mistake somewhere so I'll try that, thanks :)

Fillip