1.2.5 -> 2.2.0 Beta 2 Upgrade - Unknown column 'is_fileless' in 'field list'

Mouth

Upgrading RM v1.2.5 to v2.2.0 B2 ( upload/ dir contents copied to root of test installation ) and get the following error when attempting the manual upgrade via /admin.php?add-ons/XFRM/upgrade ....

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'is_fileless' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php at line 229
  6. XF\AddOn\AbstractSetup->executeUpgradeQuery() in src/XF/AddOn/AbstractSetup.php at line 90
  7. XF\AddOn\AbstractSetup->query() in src/addons/XFRM/Setup.php at line 365
  8. XFRM\Setup->upgrade2000010Step3() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 122
  9. XFRM\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 71
  10. XFRM\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 581
  11. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2298
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 459
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Unable to proceed with upgrade, disabling add-on for now.

Was the same database used for upgrade testing previously? In the step that errors out, the column is used to set a resource type and is then deleted in the step right after. It's possible the column has already been deleted on the first try of the upgrade hence the error on the subsequent try.

You could run the following query to add the column back and retry with the same database:
Code:
alter table `xf_rm_resource` add column `is_fileless` tinyint unsigned not null default 0;

Was the same database used for upgrade testing previously? In the step that errors out, the column is used to set a resource type and is then deleted in the step right after. It's possible the column has already been deleted on the first try of the upgrade hence the error on the subsequent try.
Yes, it was.

But, I just re-did the v1.5 -> v2.2 cli upgrade with a patch for B2 that made it upgrade without any error or additional tries required. ie. cli upgrade completed without issue. Attempting the RM upgrade afterwards, and I still got the same error as my OP.

You could run the following query to add the column back and retry with the same database:
Code:
alter table `xf_rm_resource` add column `is_fileless` tinyint unsigned not null default 0;
Thanks, that worked and the upgrade progressed.

A couple of seconds further through the RM upgrade, and I now get another error ...

But, I just re-did the v1.5 -> v2.2 cli upgrade with a patch for B2 that made it upgrade without any error or additional tries required. ie. cli upgrade completed without issue. Attempting the RM upgrade afterwards, and I still got the same error as my OP.
This is still a bug in 2.2.0 Beta 3 Upgrade, against a clean (no prior upgrade) v1.2.5 database.
Should not have been moved from Bugs forum.

Top Bottom