XF 2.3 / 3.0 release date

There will, at some point, be a 2.2.14 release to tie up any bug fixes we think are crucial before we release XF 2.3.
I know it is early, but will there be extended support of any kind (i.e. security and stability fixes, not features) for 2.3 after 3.0 comes out? I am likely not the only one who won't want to pull the trigger right away on 3.0 right away given it sounds like we will need to redo styles.

I know it is early, but will there be extended support of any kind (i.e. security and stability fixes, not features) for 2.3 after 3.0 comes out? I am likely not the only one who won't want to pull the trigger right away on 3.0 right away given it sounds like we will need to redo styles.
It was about 18 months after 2.0 came out as stable that 1.5 went EOL. Take that as you will.

Probably but it will be proportionate. 3.0 will be a much smaller upgrade compared to 1.5 to 2.0.

I plan to start a forum, and would rather wait a month or two than hassle with updates from the start (does that make sense?).

You are making a mistake. The forum should be launched as soon as this idea arises, rather than waiting for a specific version release. You are losing time. The more users there are, the sooner content will appear, and it will be indexed by search engines faster.

You are making a mistake. The forum should be launched as soon as this idea arises, rather than waiting for a specific version release. You are losing time. The more users there are, the sooner content will appear, and it will be indexed by search engines faster.

I tend to agree, though this forum is intended for "self-defence" - to direct visitors with questions, and keep my WordPress articles with fewer than 50 comments with Q & A (since apparently I'm not able to write them more clearly :) ).

Though I am looking forward to the improvements announced for the 2.3 version (image otimization & dark mode to name a few).

Now, how do I make an animation of this flying across the screen when my forum opens: :)

tumbleweed.webp

It seems to me that you haven't seen the version update process in XenForo. You don't need to download any files, upload them to the server, etc. as you might have done in vBulletin, for example. There's just one 'Begin upgrade' button, and everything happens automatically...

236993-b753bfd9f2b05d0ecfcccda1db404098.jpg

It seems to me that you haven't seen the version update process in XenForo. You don't need to download any files, upload them to the server, etc. as you might have done in vBulletin, for example. There's just one 'Begin upgrade' button, and everything happens automatically...

236993-b753bfd9f2b05d0ecfcccda1db404098.jpg

How can someone be so far behind. This is what mine looks like.

Screen Shot 2023-10-11 at 10.21.14 PM.webp

Thank you all for the answers and advice.

I did get on with it (as advised) and I can say that as far as I can tell, XenForo is pretty good as it is (in its current version).
Running fine with PHP 8.0.

Kudos to the devs - keep up the good work. :)

I've decided to not install any add-ons, and will just wait for the image optimization option expected with the 2.3 (not expecting a ton of images to pile up before that). The same goes for any caching - so far it doesn't seem to be needed, and I'll think about that when the time comes.

Relja

Thank you all for the answers and advice.

I did get on with it (as advised) and I can say that as far as I can tell, XenForo is pretty good as it is (in its current version).
Running fine with PHP 8.0.

Kudos to the devs - keep up the good work. :)

I've decided to not install any add-ons, and will just wait for the image optimization option expected with the 2.3 (not expecting a ton of images to pile up before that). The same goes for any caching - so far it doesn't seem to be needed, and I'll think about that when the time comes.

Relja
Good work.
Now you can wait for the next updates.

What i find easy is to take a look at when your URL needs renewing with your host.
What's easy is if you look at xf's cloud option as they fix up your license and url at the same time.

Why such slowness based on development and wisdom? Today I was watching the development of IPS 5 and I really couldn't believe what I saw in 2 videos

I understand that my posts may sound like criticism, but I write based on logical questions of a creative nature. Please keep that in mind

Top Bottom