XF 1.2 add-on compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The Browser Detection (Mobile/MSIE) will work.
  • The Mobile Agent Tracer will not work (using TMS). I can make it use TMC but I would like a way to make the installer compatible with both versions of XenForo which can't be done right now.
  • The Mobile Style Selector, no idea. Not my priority, I've never used it. It was only to helper designers and I'm not sure its really useful.

I see there's some of my add-ons in there.

Nothing reported in this thread regarding my add-ons will get noticed by me. It's only by chance I've even read this thread.

If there are issues with any of my add-ons please report them in the appropriate place (the add-on discussion thread, if they haven't been reported already).

To be clear: Faults reported in this thread relating to my add-ons will not be fixed until they are reported properly.

I see there's some of my add-ons in there.

Nothing reported in this thread regarding my add-ons will get noticed by me. It's only by chance I've even read this thread.

If there are issues with any of my add-ons please report them in the appropriate place (the add-on discussion thread, if they haven't been reported already).

To be clear: Faults reported in this thread relating to my add-ons will not be fixed until they are reported properly.

Point of this thread wasn't to report it to the developers. But only to inform those who would try this on either a test site or live site, what they can expect or look out for.

I personally will not be reporting anything to developers until the final version as I don't expect developers to support beta software. ;)

(Of course they can if they choose, but it shouldn't be expected of them)

A point of checking compatibility and reporting it to the community should be to report it to the add-on developers, which helps the community.

Things should be reported to developers, but your expectation of a speedy fix should be low.

Personally speaking, I don't want to get 1.2 final on release day and realise I have 65 add-ons to fix.

I want to know as far in advance as possible so I can fix them in my own time. Just don't expect an immediate fix :)

Thanks for sharing. For those doing a new 1.2 Xenforo install, with no current addon's, it will be very helpful knowing which addon's not to waste time testing.

Xenmoods

1. As well as the profile issue (which was posted by Adam) already an known minor issue.
  2. There's also a minor issues on the membercard where the close icon overlaps the icon.
These can be disabled in the Style Properties >> Moods

xenmoods-membercard.webp
xenmood_1.2beta.webp

Yes. Ask in the resource thread.

If you ask in the resource thread then there might be a certain person who knows the product inside and out who might tell you.

How would I know?

I was suggesting the very novel concept that maybe the add on developer would be best placed to correctly answer questions on add on compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom