XenZine Articles [Deleted]

Update today - Magician!

Query - Options to select an article area (editors picks/category/article list) as your "home page" (This options will only work for XF 1.2 up) Done v1.1.0
Does that mean it works with XF pre 1.2 or not?

The plugin works with pre 1.2 (I have it installed on Surrey Forum), but the option to set any of the areas as a home page (by ticking a box) will only work on XenForo 1.2 up

@SonicRC I really like those scrolling affects, it's a good idea for picks / rated articles ...

I'll look into it. I can see an issue that these are fixed width, so I would probably need to define a max-width for when scrolling takes affect

Added to my To-Do list

Last edited:
1.2 is just around the corner, I think most people will be using the 1.2 editor

pre 1.2 you should see this when editing the body:

pre1_2.webp

post 1.2 you should see this when editing the body:
post1_2.webp

@Carla Birch I take it you can currently see the tiny mice editor (not just a plain text box), but you want to be able to use the quattro plugin with this?

1.2 is just around the corner, I think most people will be using the 1.2 editor

pre 1.2 you should see this when editing the body:

View attachment 50251

post 1.2 you should see this when editing the body:
View attachment 50252

@Carla Birch I take it you can currently see the tiny mice editor (not just a plain text box), but you want to be able to use the quattro plugin with this?

Right now i see this because i have the quattro plugin installed.
Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 11.55.53.webp

It would be nice to be able to use the quattro editor within due to the added bbcode buttons that have been added to it and that.

A few questions.

Before I start Great job this definitely looks like an excellent article system.

1. I didn't see renewal pricing. Is this a one time fee and we receive updates for the lifetime of this product?
  2. I'm sure this should be direct to the author of Post ratings. Is post ratings supported? if not will it be supported at some time in the future?
  3. Same question but with bookmarks. Is bookmarks supported and if not will it be in sometime in the future? (again I'm sure I should ask this in the authors thread)
  4. Copyright - Is this displayed on forum_list? Or does that reside in the articles area?
That's all for now :)

@Carla Birch -- I'll be looking into this this week. I'll either provide a work around via XenZine or provide you with files that you can replace for the quattro plugin, one way or another I'll try to resolve this for you next version (within the next couple of weeks)

@Shelley
1) It's a one time fee, I'll will be updating it to add additional functionality or fix any bugs... you'll be able to download each update.
4) It's only displayed in the article area (such as under articles, at the bottom of the article/category list), example: http://localtutor.co.uk/articles/article-list

2 and 3 are third party plugins, so it's hard to say if they will work hand in hand with this
For forum posts, possibly, but without trying them, I cant be sure. To be honest, I should be concentrating on adding the functionality that people want rather than trying support other plugins to begin with.

I am planing to add "pinning" which should cover "bookmarking" articles ... but I can't give any dates yet (my advice: if bookmarking is something you really want for articles, don't pay for this add-on until I've added it, you've tried it out and like it)

Last edited:
Nice quick response. That is a big plus.

Regarding the copyright, glad to hear that. I have no issues with copyright I just make a point in not using add-ons that display it on forum_list. So this is a big plus also.

No worries with regards to 2-3. It's not essential but I will test the waters But I'm liking the specs already. I'll register at your site shortly and see this in action.

Thanks again for a quick response, much appreciated.

A couple of questions that were asked privately

1) Can I change the "article" phrase to something else... for instance Builds

-all of the text can already be re-named using the phrase manager inside of XenForo Admin Control Panel.
All phrases for this plugin start with xz so they should be easy to find:

phrases_zps52317135.png

(yes I have seen the "intentional" typo "approve_and_publishing_this_article"... I'm just checking that you are awake... clearly I wasn't)

2) Can I change the URL names to something else

In 1.2, yes, it was designed with this in mind. XenZine uses a horrible prefix: xz-articles, this was used to avoid clashing with other plugins that use the "article" prefix
In 1.2 you change the route to what ever you want using route filters, for instance, set up your route filter as the following:

find route: xz-articles
replace route: builds

find route: xz-articles/article-list
replace route: builds/build-list

so you have:

yoursite.com/builds/build-list
yoursite.com/builds/a-project-name.1

instead of:
yoursite.com/xz-articles/article-list
yoursite.com/xz-articles/a-project-name.1

But you can not change the route (pre 1.2), unless you do a search and replace on every file (Which I have done, and it only takes a few minutes.. don't forget to do this with the xml file too)

Last edited:
tenants updated XenZine Articles with a new update entry:

Fixes and selfish enhancements

• Fixed an issue related to the AccountMenu rendering as one colum instead of 2 for the article area
  • For users that do not have the "create article" permisions, they now no longer display an empty article tab on their profile
  • Added the option to turn off the "resource box" in the ACP (this is a selfish enhancement for pickatutor), but some admins might want this option
  • If a user is looking at their own profile and they haven't submitted an article, a button to "Submit an...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom