XenWord Pro 2018 [Deleted]

I already went down that path. I used Xpress for 4 days and realized that would never suit my needs.

Xenword has twice as many features compared to Xpress and Xpress has zero intention of adding features that are included in xenword.

I asked for a refund for Xpress ( I have NEVER asked for one before on ANY script) and of course was denied.

So now I am left in the crossroads with a script that will never suit my needs (xpress) and a script I cant use (xenword)

150.00 down the tubes.

Out of curiosity, what were you trying to do with XPress that wasn't available? I was under the impression it did the same as Xenword and more, although some things take a while to figure out. I've also seen exemplary support from TH, so it's odd that they haven't helped you, yet.

Out of curiosity, what were you trying to do with XPress that wasn't available? I was under the impression it did the same as Xenword and more, although some things take a while to figure out. I've also seen exemplary support from TH, so it's odd that they haven't helped you, yet.
Primarily I need a full post with featured image in xenforo.

I already went down that path. I used Xpress for 4 days and realized that would never suit my needs.

Xenword has twice as many features compared to Xpress and Xpress has zero intention of adding features that are included in xenword.

I asked for a refund for Xpress ( I have NEVER asked for one before on ANY script) and of course was denied.

So now I am left in the crossroads with a script that will never suit my needs (xpress) and a script I cant use (xenword)

150.00 down the tubes.
Hopefully @LPH continues development on XenWord or sells it to another developer to sell and support. If I was going down this path, I might throw my hat in that ring, but I've decided to get rid of WordPress entirely, replacing it with XenPorta 2 Portal/Articles and SEO add-ons to improve SEO and Facebook meta data on article posts. Combined with table support in Editor & BB Code Manager add-on, i pretty much have feature parity with WordPress for my needs, and more importantly have simplified my setup, which means less cost, less maintenance, and easier upkeep of content with one tool/platform for everything. Whereas WordPress bridges just add cost/complexity to the system and you still end up with double posts (one in WordPress, one in XF).

Last edited:
Hopefully @LPH continues development on XenWord or sells it to another developer to sell and support. If I was going down this path, I might throw my hat in that ring, but I've decided to get rid of WordPress entirely, replacing it with XenPorta 2 Portal/Articles and SEO add-ons to improve SEO and Facebook meta data on article posts. Combined with table support in Editor & BB Code Manager add-on, i pretty much have feature parity with WordPress for my needs, and more importantly have simplified my setup, which means less cost, less maintenance, and easier upkeep of content with one tool/platform for everything. Whereas WordPress bridges just add cost/complexity to the system and you still end up with double posts (one in WordPress, one in XF).

I did pretty much the same. Wordpress IS running, just in an obscure folder. I have a RSS feeder running that I have zero interest in replacing. I just do not have a way to take the FULL post with image and get it into xenforo.

Xenword does it. The bridge by xfrocks did it. Xpress does not.

Primarily I need a full post with featured image in xenforo.

Seems reasonable enough that I wouldn't write it off as a future possibility. On the one hand, I can see why that's not standard, but I also imagine there are others who'd like it. XPress is still new, though, so any good developer would make sure their existing features work as intended before adding more.

In the meantime, as a workaround, what about reversing the order? Post in XF, promote to article? Just make sure the same people who have the ability to post articles get the "Promote to Article" Forum permission.

Correct. Support is going away. There is no need for me to spend 4-5 hours a day any longer on this product. It's been replaced by another.

What is this being replaced by and is the support better, worse or the same?

what is xpress missing ?

I don't want to escalate this, but in my humble opinion, this developer is just abandoning his customers, because he is unable to sort his life personally? On his support forum, he says he is busy preparing school lessons, but people have paid for his products and this cannot be tolerated? I am not sure what guidelines XF is handling regarding un-maintained add-ons, but this plugin was the core behind my website. Not professional at all.

For the record this will be my only post here out of respect for @LPH but since people are asking

XPRESS is missing a lot of features, such as user mappings.
Got that featured planned, and placed a priority label on it https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues/107 But I *think* you can use this with that.

Xenword does it. The bridge by xfrocks did it. Xpress does not.
I'm still not perfectly clear on what you think it needs to do, I may very well just be misunderstanding you. We support promoting a thread to an article, and an article to a thread. If you want to add an image from XenForo to WordPress article, we don't have a forum experience for it but you can indeed just go to WordPress and set the image on the article. Its just maybe my opinion that if you're going to write content, you should do it from a content manager, not a forum. But if this is something you are in dire need of, please do feel free to create an issue here with everything you want and Ill see if I can get it scheduled https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues

For the record this will be my only post here out of respect for @LPH but since people are asking

Got that featured planned, and placed a priority label on it https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues/107 But I *think* you can use this with that.

I'm still not perfectly clear on what you think it needs to do, I may very well just be misunderstanding you. We support promoting a thread to an article, and an article to a thread. If you want to add an image from XenForo to WordPress article, we don't have a forum experience for it but you can indeed just go to WordPress and set the image on the article. Its just maybe my opinion that if you're going to write content, you should do it from a content manager, not a forum. But if this is something you are in dire need of, please do feel free to create an issue here with everything you want and Ill see if I can get it scheduled https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues

I have explained it already to you, and at least 3 times in this thread.

I can not make it any clearer. A FULL POST WITH IMAGE from wordpress to xenforo.

I have explained it already to you, and at least 3 times in this thread.

I can not make it any clearer. A FULL POST WITH IMAGE from wordpress to xenforo.
Ok it is doable, I'll make an issue. We already kinda do part of it, but will see it I can get that added. The only thing I don't understand though is why you need WordPress then as you would simply just create a thread then. I may be missing your use case though. Can discuss on our thread if you want, will get back to xenword. I believe if his does it already that may be the best option.

Top Bottom