XenWord Pro 2018 [Deleted]

@Laron

I'm extremely tired and I hope my answers do not come across as crass or mean.

What versions of software are you using? Did you install the XenWord just released in the past hour? Without details, nothing stated is of value. Let's get specific here since you didn't on tuxreports.

Of course, removing xenword_options resets the database. It's intentional so that you will test the defaults.

Avatars will not work when you choose the option 'XenForo 1 only' in the WordPress settings. You must leave the setting to "Mystery Person". In fact, the old "XenForo" option was changed to state "XenForo 1 only" in newer versions so that everyone would know not to choose it with the XF2 bridge settings. Are you stating that you have Mystery Person set in WP->Settings->Disucussion? If so, then you have a huge problem with your site structure and need to go back to the XenWord Installation Checklist and find out which setting is wrong.

WordPress Discussion Settings.webp

In terms of excerpts, the code calls XenForo's wholewordTrim. There isn't a replacement that I'm aware.

The author issue you've raised cannot be reproduced. You are welcome to provide exact steps on how to reproduce it and I'll absolutely try to track it down. I'll need to know your settings in the Author panel.

So you are aware, I didn't touch any code for things you discussed. So, for the default board to be resolved had nothing to do with me. I've only been adding tighter instructions for the backend and cleaning up widget options.

In general, stating something isn't a problem is not helpful. Bug reports require details. It's why the support forums exist. Maybe you are new to beta and release candidates. Maybe you are not. I only want you to realize that two weeks (2 weeks!) were spent on issues you raised. You stated here that they weren't addressed and that type of response only creates strong negative emotions.

Again, I'm tired. I hope my reply isn't perceived as anger or frustration. It's more of ... are you aware ...

What versions of software are you using?
I've already supplied this information on the bug reports. They sat there for two weeks with no response from anyone, that is why I mentioned the bugs on this thread. I was not aware you were working on any of the bugs I submitted until you replied to me on here.

Here is the information again:

XenForo 2.0.6 (one version behind)
WordPress 4.9.6 (up to date)
XenWord Pro 2018.04.3 (a few behind, but I wasn't aware you resolved my bugs within any new updates and every time I update I run into new bugs that are serious, so I prefer not to update until I know they address my bugs)

Did you install the XenWord just released in the past hour?
No, you have not told me that you have made any changes to address my bugs and like I mentioned, new versions bring new bugs I've found, so I'm very reluctant to upgrade unless my bugs are part of the release.

Are you stating that you have Mystery Person set in WP->Settings->Disucussion?
Yes, this is set to mystery person, like I mentioned on the bug report on your site today

If so, then you have a huge problem with your site structure and need to go back to the XenWord Installation Checklist and find out which setting is wrong.
I don't understand what the purpose of this is, how does filling this in help if only I can see what I fill in? Did you want me to fill this in and send it to you? I can also see this inside Xenword, but again there is no information about what this is for.

The author issue you've raised cannot be reproduced. You are welcome to provide exact steps on how to reproduce it and I'll absolutely try to track it down. I'll need to know your settings in the Author panel.
To reproduce this I select any author that is not me, and submit the post and in Xenforo the author is me, not the one I select. I've made sure the authors have permission to post on the board the threads are automatically being created in. This happens every single time if the author is not me.

I will post my author settings on the official bug report in a moment.

So you are aware, I didn't touch any code for things you discussed. So, for the default board to be resolved had nothing to do with me.
I know, it was resolved by deleting xenword_options in the wp database. (This bug happened after I upgraded)
In general, stating something isn't a problem is not helpful.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here.

Bug reports require details. It's why the support forums exist. Maybe you are new to beta and release candidates. Maybe you are not. I only want you to realize that two weeks (2 weeks!) were spent on issues you raised. You stated here that they weren't addressed and that type of response only creates strong negative emotions.

Yes, you never asked me for details on the bugs I logged on the support forum, they sat there for two weeks and I was unaware they were being addressed. I'm not new to this, I used to work very closely with developers and support the environments they worked in, in addition to managing production releases (on a multi-million dollar government project). I fully understood that Xenword 2.0 was in alpha / beta at the time I upgraded, but I had no choice as I needed to upgrade to Xenforo 2. The main bug here I really need resolved is the avatar image one.
Again, I'm tired. I hope my reply isn't perceived as anger or frustration. It's more of ... are you aware ...
I'm happy you are getting back to me on this. Tell me what I need to do to help you and I will do it. Like I previously mentioned, I'm fine for this discussion to continue on the bugs I submitted on your site, otherwise we are duplicating everything. And again, my main concern right now is just that one bug with the avatar image not showing as it makes the site look very unprofessional from a cosmetic perspective. Everything else has a workaround.

Here is the latest - unreleased - as I work through the backend today. The Gold release is definitely around the corner.

( 25 ) 2018.06.14 - June 14, 2018
The threadView option is now available for each WordPress post
Total Online Count and option now in Community Statistics widget
Added Excerpt option for WordPress trim rather than XenForo trim
Bug Fix: get_avatar filter when $email

Tux Reports has been the place to buy and get support for XenWord. It houses decades of articles unrelated to XenForo development, therefore, I started to create the site XenDevelopment.com months ago. It uses XenForo 2.0 and WordPress.

The current plan is to move all XenWord sales and support to the new site. XenWord Pro 2018 Gold will be released on the new site. Feel free to register now.

Once I figure out how, current license holders will have their information moved to the new cart so that they may download the gold release when it becomes available. There is no upgrade charge to move from the XF1 to XF2 Bridge.

Once the cart is ready then the forums for XenWord will close on Tux Reports and all discussions will move to the new home. The domain xenword.com will also point to the new home. This should clear up any challenges people are having regarding where to get support.

There will be a couple of new policy changes made regarding support after the XenWord gold release. The development license will no longer be available in its current form. Changes in pricing will also happen. An optional $30 installation service will become available for sites meeting the server and software requirements for the bridge.

I hope these changes help improve the support for XenWord.

Here is a coupon for June and July purchases. The coupon expires July 31, 2018.

It's been years since offering coupons but after getting the new cart set up on the new site then it seemed appropriate. After all, installation of the new cart was very fast.

COUPON
https://www.xendevelopment.com/products/
XWP2018-06

Feel free to register and purchase using the new site. The coupon is only valid on the new site. XD has the newer XenWord Pro version, not available on Tux Reports.

( 25 ) 2018.06.14 - June 14, 2018
The threadView option is now available for each WordPress post
Total Online Count and option now in Community Statistics widget
Added Excerpt option for WordPress trim rather than XenForo trim
Bug Fix: get_avatar filter when $email

Support forums are now empty and ready to be filled on Xen Development. The forums will be kept to a minimum number so no one gets confused about where to post.

Upgrades: If you already own a license, then please register on Xen Development using the same username you use here and on Tux Reports. Send me a PM so that I can add your license information to your account.

Here is a coupon for June and July purchases. The coupon expires July 31, 2018.

It's been years since offering coupons but after getting the new cart set up on the new site then it seemed appropriate. After all, installation of the new cart was very fast.

COUPON
https://www.xendevelopment.com/products/
XWP2018-06

Hey, I wanted to purchase this bridge but after registration on new site I cannot find buy button. Where can I find it ?

I am on this page and can see three products and more info button. After I select any of them there is no option to buy. My username is the same as here.

You didn't verify your email address so your user state was set to "awaiting approval." I've marked your account valid and you should see things.

Reactions: LPH
Added support for the custom field called 'summary' within XenWord Pro 2018.

XenWord Pro 2018 now supports a 'summary' custom field being copied to the XenForo thread first post. Support for BbCode is included.

WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR SEEING THE FEATURE IN ACTION

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And about seo, how its works?

Duplicated content, SEO Hates this!
Example
- Blog /blog/i-love-seo (Same content)
- Forum /forum/threads/i-love-seo6237/ (Same Content)

@rosal, There are different ways that a WordPress post content is used to create a thread. One is the full content, the second is a link only, a third is to use the WordPress except, a fourth is to trim the content, and a new feature is for a custom field to be posted (such as posting an abstract or bullet points).

Any new future update on this add-on?

Always. I have a test version for using an anonymous function. A second feature is an alert sent when a XenForo thread is created from a WordPress post. A third change is using find instead of finder in a few places.

Reactions: KSA
LPH updated XenWord Pro 2018 with a new update entry:

Bug Fix: Thread Creation when no forum chosen

This release has a significant bug fix for sites with multiple authors. Upgrading is strongly recommended.

( 27 ) 2018.07.11 - July 11, 2018
Added option to pull user_nicename. Changed text to identify database tables.
Added an alert after a XenForo thread is created from WordPress
Bug Fix: Post error when no forum is chosen

Now that over 100 sites have XenWord Pro 2018 installed, testing is almost complete. The second toolbar code remains incomplete and I'm tempted to remove it. It...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It is possible to connect a Resource to a new WordPress thread. I wasn't sure if this would work but it appears to connect properly. It's as simple as adding the thread ID into the thread ID area in the WP post area and make sure that the Create or Edit Thread.

Here is an example.

Top Bottom