XenWord Pro 2018 [Deleted]

I don't like to bash anyone because, well. Frankly, there is no point. Nobody forced us to be interested in his products. Nobody is forcing us to use his products.

With that said, he can claim that he's made no promises all he wants, but there is a general expectation that some sort of steady progress would be made. The reality is, he has many people who have made a purchase with him, but does not provide very good support. The logic is bad because the business proposition was a poor one. Charging a little money and providing a little support is not a very good excuse for allowing posts and tickets to go unresponded and issue half snarky replies under the premise that we aren't following some explicit rules buried in another forum that frankly has a poor layout and is not intuitive. If you don't like providing all the instructions here, then you should not have made an advertising presence here. The comment, 'oh, the real customers know where to post' is really absurd and it speaks to the business skills of the author. This guy is NEVER wrong in life I'm sure!

The price which is charged for this product should have been high enough to justify setting aside the proper time, and to ensure you aren't overrun by too many buyers causing an overflow of tickets you cannot properly handle. If you can't devise a functional business model, you should not have turned it into a business by charging money. If you are doing this just for fun, perhaps you should have just kept the addon as a free one. Some people have actual communities with expectations to live up to and not a lot of time trying to decipher some overly complicated methods for getting answers.

What some folks don't understand, is that you can scream facts at someone all day long, but if they don't understand what the hell you are talking about, then you are not communicating properly, even if the things you're saying are true. It is about your delivery when you're trying to be a businessman, you can't expect everyone to fall in line and become your ideal customer. People who do that are the same people whose businesses fail, and for those who do not, they are lucky or rely on the many privileges they receive in life and take for granted.

The customer is always right is not a true statement, but your business should be capable of being ran that way. If it is not, then the problem was the business or the business management. Not the customer. Yet those people who are guilty of this will only come up with excuse after excuse instead of taking ownership and accountability and admitting they could be better. There are certainly limitations to the customer is always right mentality, but the idea of providing the best possible service and product quality should always be a primary tentpole otherwise you're admitting to pushing a sub par and sometimes crappy product.

If you are expecting premium level service, this product is not for you. Not that it matters as the towel has already been thrown in and I have already moved onto another product which does receive by comparison much better support. I just felt I'd put in my two cents for the author's sake. You charged too little and got mad at us when we wanted support. Open your eyes, I would have paid quadruple for a working product and actual support. Look to the product that put this addon out of business, the thread is flooded with people who want to buy it. Nothing you did made any sense and that includes your business model and your addon user interface. Try business school before you charge for any more addons, I'm serious.

Last edited:
Why are the staff members of XF not taking any action into this matter? They can take the file offline and warn the users not-to-buy this piece of crap.

It would be best to ask that in a PC or via reporting the addon.

There is a resource housekeeping process which is automatically run. That applies the deletion rules automatically and consistently to ensure fairness and gives the author a bit of time to come back and change their mind if they wish.

There is a resource housekeeping process which is automatically run. That applies the deletion rules automatically and consistently to ensure fairness and gives the author a bit of time to come back and change their mind if they wish.

Which under most circumstances is understandable and completely fair. But the issue is that people are purchasing this addon, then have no way to download it, so they pay for nothing, then have to go through the chargeback process. :(

Which under most circumstances is understandable and completely fair. But the issue is that people are purchasing this addon, then have no way to download it, so they pay for nothing, then have to go through the chargeback process. :(

I second this. I purchased a license a while ago and got no access to the files at all.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenword-pro-2018-paid.137058/post-1273487

Also this post from the developer isn't giving much confidence that he is willing to fix all problems.

That was an automatic post as a result of me deleting the resource.

I suggest going through your payment provider in order to obtain a refund.

Hopefully @LPH continues development on XenWord or sells it to another developer to sell and support. If I was going down this path, I might throw my hat in that ring, but I've decided to get rid of WordPress entirely, replacing it with XenPorta 2 Portal/Articles and SEO add-ons to improve SEO and Facebook meta data on article posts. Combined with table support in Editor & BB Code Manager add-on, i pretty much have feature parity with WordPress for my needs, and more importantly have simplified my setup, which means less cost, less maintenance, and easier upkeep of content with one tool/platform for everything. Whereas WordPress bridges just add cost/complexity to the system and you still end up with double posts (one in WordPress, one in XF).
Couldn't agree more. This has been my EXACT feelings before deciding to move several sites off of Wordpress for good (and be rid of the complicated mess which was maintaining bridged setups, multiple plugins, etc). Having everything unified under Xenforo with several fantastic addons to extend features (XenPorta, SEO like you mentioned) will simply make things 10x easier.

A lot of this WordPress vs proprietary XenForo system is subjective and depends on your site. A larger site needs more than what XenPorta currently offers. Personally as a developer I like to think that going with a larger system (while maybe more than you need) is good in that it does security checks for you, is tried and true by the community, and can handle scale.

However, there are definitely projects where an internal system like XenPorta works best. It just depends on overall scope.

Are you referring to WordFence? There are several free WAFs you can install on Linux (ModSecurity, CSF). Cloudflare also provides a free WAF in addition to free CDN and DNS.

Top Bottom