• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenPorta v1.4.5 BETA TEST!

I've been in San Francisco for the past few days... I didn't even see that beta 3 was released! lol.

Just so you guys know... the eventual release of 1.5.0 won't be compatible with the beta... as I've made MANY more changes. These changes make it possible to attach MANY templates to mods, including admin templates and phrases!

In the past, the XML would have had something like <template> and <stylesheet> for the two valid templates. These templates would have automatically been named as EWRporta_Block_BlockName and EWRporta_Block_BlockName.css. This is now gone. No templates will be named automatically anymore. Instead, the system will have a nested <templates> array such as...
PHP:
<templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_Donations"><![CDATA[]]></template>
    <template title="EWRblock_Donations_Bit"><![CDATA[]]></template>
    <template title="EWRblock_Donations.css"><![CDATA[]]></template>
</templates>
<admin_templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_Donations_option"><![CDATA[]]></template>
</admin_templates>
<phrases>
    <phrase title="EWRblock_Donations_testphrase"><![CDATA[]]></phrase>
</phrases>

As you can see, I've also changed "EWRporta_Block_" to simply "EWRblock_". I feel this is easier to read, as well as a better job of segregating block templates/phrases from EWRporta templates. If I had a block called "Donations", any templates, admin templates and phrases that begin with "EWRblock_Donations" will automatically be linked to that mod. They will be exported and deleted as needed.

Here is an example of the new slightly altered XML markup...

PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<block block_id="FaceBook" title="Facebook FanBox" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="http://8wayrun.com/" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="+1 days">
  <options>
    <option option_id="facebook_profile" edit_format="textbox" data_type="string" display_order="1">
      <option_value>157579717618702</option_value>
      <edit_format_params></edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <title>Facebook Page Profile ID</title>
      <explain><![CDATA[The profile ID of your Facebook fan page. This is NOT your fan page "short link".]]></explain>
    </option>
  </options>
  <templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_FaceBook"><![CDATA[<xen:require css="EWRblock_Facebook.css" />

<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="facebook">
        <h3>{xen:phrase EWRblock_FaceBook_group}</h3>
        <div id="fb-root"></div>
        <script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script>
        <fb:fan width="240" height="216" connections="8" stream="false" logobar="false" css="{$xenOptions.boardUrl}/js/8wayrun/fb-{xen:property fbColorScheme}-.css?1" profile_id="{$option.profile}"></fb:fan>
    </div>
</div>]]></template>
    <template title="EWRblock_Facebook.css"><![CDATA[#facebook { padding-bottom: 5px; }]]></template>
  </templates>
  <admin_templates/>
  <phrases>
    <phrase title="EWRblock_FaceBook_group"><![CDATA[Facebook Group]]></phrase>
  </phrases>
</block>

Jaxel, you're still using the class of sidebar more than one place. This is wrong decision!

xenporta-sidebars.gif

Yet another reason.
Try to install this plugin. He collapses the sidebar. Accordingly, on the main page with XenPorta it just collapses EVERYTHING!

Jaxel, you're still using the class of sidebar more than one place. This is wrong decision!

View attachment 20354

Yet another reason.
Try to install this plugin. He collapses the sidebar. Accordingly, on the main page with XenPorta it just collapses EVERYTHING!
Or you can just use a pseudo selector class as a checkpoint to make sure no sidebars in the main content area are included in the hide...

In the following template: "collapsible_sidebar_js", replace all 4 instances of:
Code:
$('.sidebar')
with
Code:
$('.sidebar:not(.mainContent .sidebar)')

Reactions: eod
I'm not going to change everything (styles, plug-ins) just because you're using the wrong logic. Moreover, I personally do not use this addon.
Do not get me wrong, I'm not offensive. But your portal uses a lot of people and they always have little problems.
You said that you have added this class, because you asked the author of style? This style is Flexile?

Or you can just use a pseudo selector class as a checkpoint to make sure no sidebars in the main content area are included in the hide...

In the following template: "collapsible_sidebar_js", replace all 4 instances of:
Code:
$('.sidebar')
with
Code:
This also breaks style frameworks that have a sidebar collapse, are you expecting everyone else to change because you're not willing to fix an oversight on your part?

Code:
$('.sidebar')
with
Code:
Work perfect, Jaxel.

Thanks.
This also breaks style frameworks that have a sidebar collapse, are you expecting everyone else to change because you're not willing to fix an oversight on your part?
Not break widget framework. Work perfect.

Salud2

Have you set the source forum for the slider? And I see you have a post with the image name slider-jpg.3, the attached image must be named slide.jpg (All threads to display must also have attachment named slide.jpg)
I thought with this one, you promote strories? as in the options for recentslider, there is no forum settings, its all about the slide name, size, etc.

You can select the Forum to pull from in the RecentNews block.(RecentSlider will follow RecentNews) I have mine set to pull from the forum selected by the Recent News block, and as long as the first post in the thread has an attachment named slide.jpg it will display it in the Recent Slider. (you can of course change the name of the attachment in the RecentSlider block) Working good that way for me.

TBH I haven't even tried promoting an article for it, but that should work also.

Top Bottom