[OzzModz] XenPorta Improvements

[OzzModz] XenPorta Improvements 2.0.1 Beta 1

No permission to download
Server error log
Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "group_id" on null src/addons/Nulumia/XPImprovements/Listener.php:32

Generated by: eL_ Dec 10, 2022 at 7:54 PM

Stack trace
Code:
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/XPImprovements/Listener.php(32): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/weplaypro...', 32)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): Nulumia\XPImprovements\Listener::templaterMacroPreRender(Object(Nulumia\XFOptimize\XF\Template\Templater), 'admin', 'option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#2 src/XF/App.php(2990): XF\Extension->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(762): XF\App->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/force_agreement_privacy_policy.php(46): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(Nulumia\XFOptimize\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('force_agreement...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:ForceAgreeme...', 'admin:force_agr...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(Nulumia\XFOptimize\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(Nulumia\XFOptimize\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#14 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#15 {main}

Request state
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "/admin.php?force-agreement/privacy-policy"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "https://we-play.pro/admin.php?styles/we-play-pro-light.40/style-properties"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["force-agreement/privacy-policy"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

For the next update (other than the avatar clipping issue on p. 6), would it be possible to look into if anything can be done to reduce CLS? Something with the Xenporta article list/images that causes a bit of shift. (0,16 in my case, and anything over 0,1 is not deemed "good").

Same issue as @eL_ reported previously.

Xenporta Improvements and Push Improvements are both mentioned these errors.
  • ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "group_id" on null
  • src/addons/Nulumia/XPImprovements/Listener.php:32
  • ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "group_id" on null
  • src/addons/Nulumia/PushImprovements/Listener.php:72
Triggers that has made this pop up into the error log:
All have originated from this page:
/admin.php?activity-summary/

Clicking anything on that page, brings an error in the log.

Stack trace:
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/XPImprovements/Listener.php(32): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/boardga1/...', 32)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): Nulumia\XPImprovements\Listener::templaterMacroPreRender(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), 'admin', 'option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#2 src/XF/App.php(2990): XF\Extension->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:eek:ption_ma...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(762): XF\App->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:eek:ption_ma...')
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/activity_summary_section_list.php(115): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/XF/Template/Templater.php(38): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('activity_summar...', Array, true, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:activity_...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:ActivitySumm...', 'admin:activity_...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(Nulumia\XFOptimize\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(Nulumia\XFOptimize\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Other addons mentioned in the stack trace (don't know how relevant it is though):
Ozzy XFOptimize.
Xon Lazy Image Loader.
Mazzly Addon Update Notifier

I’m not happy with the time between bug fixes either, we’ll have to try to improve on this.
So, let me understand what you're saying.
Are you waiting for @Nulumia to update his add-ons and after let say you review them and post them? Or you're the main coder for them.

I'll just summarize the improvements that this addon (and/or in conjunction with XFOptimize) could bring to XP2 . I know you have lot of work, and this addon is free, so it may never happen and some wait between updates is to be expected with your large catalogue. But I'm just typing them down as I remember it.. :)

Also, I would pay for this addon. XP2 is great, but this addon this brings vital adjustments to it to improve the overall package to superb. XP2 costs 40 USD, this could cost easily 15-20 USD f.ex.

• Missing phrase: Author block on the link to show more articles from that author.
  • Avatar clipping issue. Using XPI grid, the avatar can clip the title of the article on the edge. If using the default XP masonry, the article image clips the avatar.
  • Attempt to read property "group_id" on null error.
  • Grid layout from XPI doesn't have any height settings. Or is the grid setting broken? It doesn't look like it does for the "promo" image on the XPI resource front page in here. This causes articles to look extremely long, and weird with images that are not loaded in the snippet. The original masonry grid has a height setting that you can adjust. 1674645125236.png
  • Large/large alternating rows bug. BB code isn't parsed. 1674645426267.png
  • Two areas for improvement in terms of speed/performance is LCP, CLS and image handling.
  • CLS
    • <div class="p-body-main p-body-main--withSidebar ">. 0,16 CLS contribution. The first article on the grid. Anything over 0,1 is deemed to need improvements. The problem I assume is the "container".1674649229676.png I tried disabling "defer CSS" from XFO in case it was interfering with the style rendering of the container, but no change. "Element moved 400px to the bottom", so the cause is the feature slider loading AFTER the container of the articles perhaps.. 1674649203336.png
  • LCP
    • Youtube player always loads. https://www.youtube.com/s/player/4248d311/www-widgetapi.vflset/www-widgetapi.js. The feature slider has a media box where you can add YT videos, but I never use it. Either add an option to only load it once feature articles with media field active (better for users, but may be harder to add?), or just have a on/off button in ACP if you want to have this YT media function enabled or not.
  • Images
    • Lazy load off screen images. (feature images that are not the front/hero image). If you have many feature article images in your slider, this can provide a sizeable hit.
    • Properly sized images for mobile/narrow. I believed the new article S/M/L image system was added previously, so not sure why this is still trigging. Isn't srcset being used?

Came here to report an error, but I guess others already reported it too:
"group_id" on null error

I've been getting them in the admin area via the notices page and such.

Came here to report an error, but I guess others already reported it too:
"group_id" on null error

I've been getting them in the admin area via the notices page and such.

Yeah it is reported. But with ozz not taking over the nulumia portfolio after all, I assume this addon is ABD.

We’ll since this is a free addon I will still maintain this until I hear different.

We’ll look into the error as soon as possible.

We’ll since this is a free addon I will still maintain this until I hear different.

We’ll look into the error as soon as possible.

Ah okay, that's nice!
Anything from the above list of mine getting improved on, would be awesome.

Btw, the images on the resource description are missing. Probably served from Nulumia site. (but attachments from XF still there, so can just add them into the description).

On my site, it is increasingly throwing errors as described previously. Free or not, that is unacceptable as this risks the viability of the communities we create and maintain. I know the value of third-party developers and web developers. One simply cannot exist without the other.

However, I have chosen to send this addon to the digital dustbin. I can't speak for others, but little can I afford the sustainability of my investment to hinge on a single bell or whistle.

Top Bottom