Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agreed and my money is at stake too; so I'm just as concerned as everyone else.

The announcements made so far on Pozible are useless and the status of the project is not known. We don't know whether coding has began and when will some of us get the first beta.

I'm assuming the development has began :)

It has... but I'm taking it slow, to make sure everything is mapped out correctly... and to not burn myself out...

And to have time to play Dark Souls 2.

We do know coding has begun, you have already asked this question and he did answer you long ago. As far as the beta your certainly right as he stated he has been delayed for the beta release and cant give a firm release date on the beta yet, and as far as completion date he still has till December. He has kept everyone updated on the progress and probably gave us to much information ala playing Dark Souls 2. Even Michael Jordan as dedicated to his craft as he was, was known to play golf, and gamble in the late night hours before a game and still got it done, as I believe Jaxel will as well.

@Jaxel So if this is funded already, then I take it that XenPorta 2 will be free to the community, and not a premium paid add-on?

Apologies if this has been asked, long thread.

@Jaxel So if this is funded already, then I take it that XenPorta 2 will be free to the community, and not a premium paid add-on?

Apologies if this has been asked, long thread.
Nope, it won't be free. You may check out the plan on official crowdfunding page: http://www.pozible.com/project/177899 . There's no word on the pricing. I'm guessing he'll price it around $49.99. Otherwise, he'd not say "Discounted Supporter License. You will receive XenPorta when it becomes available at this discounted price!" for those who pledged $30. For those who added $70; he's offering branding free license.

That just sounds disappointing to me... as my thinking is that if you sell the product per license, you don't ask for donations to build it. If you build it at your cost, then you make your money by selling it on a per license basis.

Go figure. Thanks @TheBigK

It has... but I'm taking it slow, to make sure everything is mapped out correctly... and to not burn myself out...

And to have time to play Dark Souls 2.
I think he meant this as a joke. Coders can't code all the time. They need time off to not getting theirselves burned out. Heck, I get burned out after just 5 minutes thinking about if or which opacity level my postbit buttons should have. So no worries. He will get the job done.

@Jaxel,

I don't know what you plan on articles page but I would love to have a way to stylize them without assigning them an other theme. For instance you could add the name's category as a .class so that we could use this marker to modify the visual aspect of the page.

Try pimping out BD Widget Framework and it's extensions instead of asking for a refund. More money or refunds won't get this made faster.

I think we could have funded @xfrocks to develop this add-on from ground up. He's one damn talented guy and I'm quite sure that he'd have developed it a lot faster.

I think we could have funded @xfrocks to develop this add-on from ground up. He's one damn talented guy and I'm quite sure that he'd have developed it a lot faster.

I have asked him in the past to develop a CMS and mantain the possibility to publish to the community...He said "i have no time for new projects"...But i hope to see an alternative to Xenporta, because this is a very important addon and i hope to see developed by a supportive coder (not one that not responds to PC and profile messages).

Project died, everyone lost their money.
Better keep da fingers silent instead of leaving such a crap. Troll

Guess someone else could be faster with a CMS
@Jaxel stopped to Support his addons sooner or later and it´s the same here. No infos nothing.

Strange thing is... In the beginning, as the Fund started he was quite active, now that the Fund is done there is no Peep anymore.
Just thinking... buts weird at all, isnt it?!?

Speculations are always starting if you are left alone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom