Xenforo & Wordpress Bridge

Deepmartini

Everyone knows the crap forum called BBpress is like the ugly stepchild of Wordpress, left alone and abandoned. SimplePressForum (a Wordpress Plugin) is a good start but doesn't have the "wow" factor but integrates perfectly with Wordpress.

If Xenforo could release a Wordpress plugin that has full integration with Wordpress including all user information and a single login, it would be a POWERHOUSE. Do you know how many Wordpress sites want to add a forum to their site but can't?

Any mods like this coming?

Upvote 46
A seamless integration with wordpress will give us a choice until xenforo provides us with their own in the future.

It'll give many of us that seek a cms something to work with instead of just a forum. I'm sure the wordpress folks will not mind working with xenforo developers.

Just a tip to wordpress users who will also install xenforo, you can make a new page in xenforo, and put the wordpress page content on it. :)
I've been thinking along those lines for quite a while. With node permissions inherited that could be extremely powerful. I will be anxious to see who implements that. :)

It would be awesome if xenForo would be easily integrate with WordPress via a plugin if you guys do not plan on making a CMS front end for xenForo. WordPress sorely lacks any decent forum integration plugin and user registration system and xenForo already has so many built in features that would blow the lids off of wordPress.

With the millions of folks using WordPress you'd have an already established base to spread xenForo through thereby expanding exponentially.

Food for thought :D

WP -> xF I'm looking at.

vB isn't a migration path I deal with any more.

Couldn't agree more. I aborted vB when they released that hideous monster :D I currently own a vB 3.x and an IB board but as soon as xF gets out of beta, I'm buying 2!

Update: I've bought 2 license anyway. I have faith xF will far outshine the competition in the days to come.

Couldn't agree more. I aborted vB when they released that hideous monster :D I currently own a vB 3.x and an IB board but as soon as xF gets out of beta, I'm buying 2!
Just want to make sure you realize that there is a 1 day 24 hour sale that started hours ago. 40% off.
Might want to take a peek at some of the other forums. I would like to be more detailed, but am a little tired at the moment, and do not want to type the wrong thing.

Just want to make sure you realize that there is a 1 day 24 hour sale that started hours ago. 40% off.
Might want to take a peek at some of the other forums. I would like to be more detailed, but am a little tired at the moment, and do not want to type the wrong thing.

I might consider it! Although at beta I don't think I'd be able to bring to production just yet. Although , so far this feels like a very complete product and it's blazing fast. Just have to think of a plan to implement. We'll see :)

/me wants to merge threads ..........

There are people already forming into a coherent effort and designs happening to make this happen

It's actually 28.5 % off but close enough :)

I think the wp/joomla integration is the most requested feature in Xenforo!
I don't know if it is the "most requested", but I think it is certainly a terrific idea. IPB has a mod like that. Team vb never really seemed interested at building bridges and I think this exposed their philosophy of refusing to be forward thinking.

Communities rely on CMS nowadays IMO. Rarely will you ever find a site that is just a forum w/o actual content. While I'm sure a feature rich, efficient back end edited XF CMS/Portal will eventually be built (by XF devs or 3rd party), IMO building "official bridges" for other software products (and therefore establishing relationships with these other project teams and developers of products) will really set XF apart from the competition.

Imagine if the many portals/CMS out there were to promote XF on the basis of there being a perfect bridge for the product? XF would soar with activity and its community would grow faster than it already is.

I don't see how there could be a better CMS out there than Joomla. It's well established, plenty of styles, plenty of features, plenty of mods, etc... An official bridge for it means the XF team doesn't have to worry about continued customer requests for a CMS as the bridge could hold 'em off until XF was able to create their own CMS.

It never made sense to me that a forum software product didn't look to the future by realizing bridges were necessary for most communities as CMS have become increasingly popular over the years.

Communities rely on CMS nowadays IMO. Rarely will you ever find a site that is just a forum w/o actual content. While I'm sure a feature rich, efficient back end edited XF CMS/Portal will eventually be built (by XF devs or 3rd party), IMO building "official bridges" for other software products (and therefore establishing relationships with these other project teams and developers of products) will really set XF apart from the competition.

I totally agree with you. :-)

Derp, am I the only one preferring Movable Type over WordPress?
-sigh- off to the drawing board after some nap again...
I use to, but they ended up alienating way to many designers and developers, so I got fedup with them.

Their system is also a pain to install on many server setups, and their guides tend to be confusing for new users.

Top Bottom