XenForo Sale Ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every smartphone on the planet can also help you. For those who are stuck and have a smartphone, create a new clock for London. That is XenForo time, problem solved.
... or, if you are using Windows 7, you can view other time zones easily by clicking on the date & time in your lower right corner, Click on "Change date and time settings" at the bottom of the pop-up, click on the "Additional Clocks" tab", and then add up to two additional clocks for any timezone/location you want. In the case of GMT time, select the "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" option. Going forward just hover over the date & time and you can quickly see at a glance what time it is locally versus the other timezone/location.

Untitled.webp

^^^^ I think this is the only possible thing which could have confused people, including Google if that is how you compare timezones.

UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is the common default standard which is in relation to GMT. This is the closest "time" we have on a universal and global scale.

http://geography.about.com/od/timeandtimezones/a/gmtutc.htm

Personally, if you waited until the very last minute to act upon this sale...... I'd say you only have yourself to blame.

...or you could just not be a tard and buy it sometime during the whole week it was on sale and not wait until the last possible second. :)
Not to mention the sale was announced days before it actually started, which was plenty of notice.

It always happens though. A sale ends and people want it to be extended because they were "just about to buy it". I believe it happened before when XF initially went on sale a few years ago too.

The thing is GMT is a time zone. It's up to the user to figure out the difference between GMT and their timezone. Not hard to learn to work the Google on the internet machine.
Yes, you can find out on your own... But not everyone will. I'll check the time, and I did when xF went on sale. I was worried that xenForo wouldn't clear my e-check while the grace period for the pre-sale was closing in... I waited, and waited. I got my license, and I sighed in relief.

The thing is, when you're dealing with worldwide customers, you can't expect them to understand what timezone GMT is, or what time GMT is in your local area. So, it's better to lay out the timezones where the software is being offered. Otherwise, you risk losing that grace period sales. The whole point of discounted sales is to increase license sales in a rapid pace.

And the Daylight Savings Time change does not help matters, at all, either.

I could say the OP was lazy, but I'm a nice guy, I'm not going to treat him that way. Which everyone is doing... To be contrary, I defended the OP. Even if it is embarrassing to me.

Yes, you can find out on your own... But not everyone will. I'll check the time, and I did when xF went on sale. I was worried that xenForo wouldn't clear my e-check while the grace period for the pre-sale was closing in... I waited, and waited. I got my license, and I sighed in relief.

The thing is, when you're dealing with worldwide customers, you can't expect them to understand what timezone GMT is, or what time GMT is in your local area. So, it's better to lay out the timezones where the software is being offered.

I could say the OP was lazy, but I'm a nice guy, I'm not going to treat him that way. Which everyone is doing...

Well they (xF) can't lay out timezones for the whole world. The software is offered worldwide not just the US. If they were a company in the US that only sold to US customers then yeah I can understand laying it out there for every time zones. Most internet companies that sell worldwide use GMT as the basis for times/timezones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom