XenForo Sale Ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement was quite clear that it was in GMT timezone, besides, it was on for a whole week, why would you wait until the eleventh hour to buy it?
Not everyone knows about GMT time. In the next sale, my suggestion is to lay all the timezones right at the beginning. xenForo is a worldwide company, not just a U.K. company. It's a company providing products not just to U.K., it's also providing products to other parts of the world.

12am GMT isn't the same as 12am PST, or 12am EST.

12am GMT isn't the same as 12am PST, or 12am EST.

Hence the concept of timezones.

Also, Kier posted the time:
From 0:00 GMT on Monday, March 4th, ending at 0:00 on March 11th, XenForo licenses will be on sale for the discounted price of $110, instead of the usual $140 price.
Not sure how much more definable you can make that. Zero : ZeroZero GMT

Not sure how much more definable you can make that. Zero : ZeroZero GMT
Dude, I'm not talking about the GMT timezone. I'm talking about other timezones. Like I stated.

This thread is clear indication that people are confused with what time it is when 0:00 GMT hits. Is it 12am PST? I think not.

Stop treating me like I am dumb, next time you do... I will just report you. I'm tired of it.

This thread is clear indication that people are confused with what time it is when 0:00 GMT hits. Is it 12am PST? I think not.
Personally I think this thread is rather a clear indication that people don't bother reading the fine print of announcements and tend to assume that any times mentioned are relative to their own locale instead of the one specified.

While I can understand a bit of confusion over timezones.. i'm pretty sure a week is the same length worldwide ;)
Not what I'm saying tho. This guy was possibly waiting on something, before purchasing.
Personally I think this thread is rather a clear indication that people don't bother reading the fine print of announcements and tend to assume that any times mentioned are relative to their own locale instead of the one specified.
No it's not. For example, I'm not versed in GMT timeline. I don't understand it well. I don't know if it's 12am or 1am in another part of the world.

A clear timezone would be nice like this:
It will end at 0:00GMT (1am PST/12amEST)
That way your customers aren't confused as to what time it ends.

If one can't look at GMT and then Google it to figure out what the time difference is, then no amount of hand holding from XF will make a difference.

Doesn't matter if you live on the west coast, east coast, or Timbuktu. Everyone knows (or SHOULD know) there are different time zones and should figure out on their own what the differences are.

It just seems people just like to argue back their points without even understanding where the person is coming from. :(

No. What we're saying is customers have to take some of the responsibility to do their own bloody research and get their own bloody answers. XF shouldn't have to list all 24 time zones because users are too lazy to look it up themselves.

Next time. Look it up.

No. What we're saying is customers have to take some of the responsibility to do their own bloody research and get their own bloody answers. XF shouldn't have to list all 24 time zones because users are too lazy to look it up themselves.

Next time. Look it up.
This. Whenever companies in America hold a sale they never list GMT in the announcement, they list the timezone in which they are located. I then work out what that means for me living in GMT/BST. It is not rocket science.

This. Whenever companies in America hold a sale they never list GMT in the announcement, they list the timezone in which they are located. I then work out what that means for me living in GMT/BST. It is not rocket science.
Same here. I'm terrible with timezones, but a quick nip over to Google gives me what I need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom