XenForo One Year Extension Sale Price!

If I didn't have so many other year-end bills to take care of, I'd stack a few years of renewals myself. Everything piles up at the end of the year, many yearly renewals.

I also thought of adding Resource Manager to one of the installs at the sale price, but the staff still won't contribute to it, so... 🤷‍♂️.

Assuming that's for XF with XFES, $60 + $10 = $70 + VAT, or around $85 total at the current rate.

It might just be me, but I find it a bit strange that for a UK company - the tax isn't included in the price. It might be the way they've always done it, but it still shocked me when the total showed up. Why not include the tax? Also.. Why dollars and not GBP as default? Very odd.

Tax is applied at checkout based on the jurisdiction from where the purchase is being made.

The rate varies from country to country.
Interesting. What about the default currency being dollars? The amount will be negligible, at least with my bank - but a pain the arse for those who get fees/charges for int. payments.

XF has always been priced in USD.

That's a decision which was taken from the beginning based on what was considered would be the largest market.
Fair enough. Because something has 'always been the way', though doesn't mean it's the best way. I wonder what the pros vs cons would be. Out of scope for this thread, of course - but if the system is smart enough to charge tax dynamically per region, then you'd think the correct currency for that that region would also be displayed. Just something I hadn't noticed (or rather remembered), is all :)

Either way. I've just renewed! Happy camper now.

Thats why you use paypal or other payment provider.
And they still charge a small fee (you choose to accept PayPals exchange fee or opt to use the fee for your bank). I personally use the bank Monzo which only charges the mastercard rate as opposed to any further fees.

My point was, if the initial price and payment to begin with was in the customer's currency, then all of that would be avoided.

And they still charge a small fee (you choose to accept PayPals exchange fee or opt to use the fee for your bank). I personally use the bank Monzo which only charges the mastercard rate as opposed to any further fees.

My point was, if the initial price and payment to begin with was in the customer's currency, then all of that would be avoided.
Its not Xenforo but I use my paypal to buy stuff that isn't in the USA and I don't get charged extra.

Top Bottom