Xenforo release and price?

If you define it as "sunshine and blue skies", summer ended in the UK about three months ago :)

We should start a sweep stake. I reckon the first week in October, and £125 reduced to £99 for early adopters.

I'll be happy with it so long as it has the basic needs. I'm developing a game server control panel with a friend and I would love to give this forum a try on the company website. This will give me a chance to test it out and guage it for future implementation (replacing vBulletin) on my other web sites. Can't wait!

I think that $175 would be too much to ask for this software. Although we probably all like it very much, we still can`t compare it to the overwhelming community of the other solutions. XenForo has a long way to go i think before it is widely "accepted" and proven to be very stable. The start seems promising and it will probably rush past the other solutions in no time OR it will "die" slowly. Let`s all hope for the better and support the nice work. But still, as i said, in it`s early stages, $175 might be too expensive for many people to switch over or to buy a new licence.
$175 is not that much IMO, but maybe that's because I make the conversion to euro, while they probably ask the same amount in euro. It's quite a difference...

IPB would be subject to VAT for me at 17.5% (totalling $175 or £120 ish when you factor in a bad exchange rate on the credit card). But yes I see your point, so, I have changed my mind then...

I reckon the first week in October, and £89 (including VAT) reduced to £69 for early adopters :)

Even though a reduced start price would encourage many admins to try it out , thus enabling the xen community to grow faster, I always believe that the creator must ask what he feels his product deserves. No more, no less. If the product is good, a few bucks up or down won't make a difference in the Xen community growing fast. If the product lacks features, no matter how low the price, it will not grow.

Great to hear that you guys and girls are so excited about this product. I am still as excited as the first day about the product. Even if they don't have a license for sale in September or October, it's worth the wait.

:) The End of the Summer is Calan Gaeaf - that's Welsh for the First Day of Winter.
Oct 31.
Wait, wait, wait.... So your saying that when Summer ends, Winter begins? :confused: There's no Autumn?

Sorry about the complete off-topicness of this but if my school teachers were lying to me about that, what else were they lying about? :eek::(

Top Bottom