Add-on Xenforo registration, integration with sendy api [paid]

jgas

Hello!

I'm looking for a great developer that should create a nice and simple addon for my xenforo board.

When an user registers there should be a pre-flagged option "Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive contents you won't find in the forums"
(this sentence should be editable from admin cp "Languages and phrases")

When the user confirms his email, he should be added to the newsletter database.

I use sendy, here the link to its api system: http://sendy.co/api

Is it possible to do so?

My budget is 50 euros.

Please let me know!

It would cost a lot more than 50 euros to develop!

But the good news is I will be working on this eventually as @Stuart Wright at AVForums has a similar requirement.

Hi Chris!
So which would it be your budget?
And when will Stuart confirm to or not this project?
Thanks

Hello!

I'm looking for a great developer that should create a nice and simple addon for my xenforo board.

When an user registers there should be a pre-flagged option "Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive contents you won't find in the forums"
(this sentence should be editable from admin cp "Languages and phrases")

When the user confirms his email, he should be added to the newsletter database.

I use sendy, here the link to its api system: http://sendy.co/api

Is it possible to do so?

My budget is 50 euros.

Please let me know!
It's quite amazing how unrealistic some peoples' expectations are of the cost of developing Xenforo addons.
The complexity of a Sendy bridge is far more than your specification implies. You have to use the Sendy a API to handle the transfer of the user database, which could be huge. If someone unsubscribes from a newsletter, they will need to be removed from the mailing list. How do you handle bounced emails?
A great Xenforo coder wouldn't fart for €50.
Expect 20, 30 or more times that, depending on the coder's situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
It's quite amazing how unrealistic some peoples' expectations are of the cost of developing Xenforo addons.
The complexity of a Sendy bridge is far more than your specification implies. You have to use the Sendy a API to handle the transfer if the user database, which could be huge. If someone I subscribes from a newsletter, they will need to be removed from the mailing list. How do you handle bounced emails?
A great Xenforo coder wouldn't fart for €50.
Expect 10, 20, 30 or more times that, depending on the coder's situation.

This is a custom work, not for a public sale price. I think it's worth 50E.

This is a custom work, not for a public sale price. I think it's worth 50E.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. If the completed addon were for sale publicly in the resources section, it would be worth more than €50.
If any coder quoted me less than £500 to develop this (and I wasn't already familiar with their ability) I would reject them on the basis that they aren't good enough to properly value the quality of their work.

Something I have learned while trying to get the functionality we need on AVForums *and* keeping it fast is that the quality of addons is absolutely paramount. Most addons aren't written with big forums in mind, and a poorly coded, inefficient addon can cripple your servers.
Whereas at first I would browse the resources and enthusiastically install all the addons which looked interesting, now I only do so if the addon gives us considerable benefit *and* I feel I can trust the code.

Last edited:
Dear Stuart, thanks for your colorful and complete answer.
I'm sure you are a great programmer and for sure you know better than me prices, timings and knowledges needed for a project like this.
But "certain people" like me don't have the competences like you or others have.
That's why I posted in here, writing what I could afford right now, alone, for a plugin for my board.
If you (or anyone) are willing to consider a project funded by more people, don't hesitate to answer to this thread and talk about a possible shared solution.
Thanks

Last edited:
Damn, what a great service. I am going to look into replacing my mailchimp setup with this service...

I would be happy with a simple system that automatically sent them to GETRESPONSE. No need to handle sending/unsubscribe etc as that is taken care of once they are in teh GR system.

Basically it would register them with xen AND GR in one swipe...which is not coding intensive...

We created Sendy integrate add-on and released at https://*******.com/resources/sendy-integrate.194/.

Thanks @jgas for contributing to the development of this add-on.

Thanks to you *******!
After 10 days of testing, I can say that the addon is working as expected.

What I did: I enabled the "hidden registration to newsletter" field so that every new registered user to the board, is registered also on sendy.

The new users will then receive some autoresponders that guide them to discover the website, all the features, and our best articles.

Hope that this can help somebody =)

Top Bottom