XenForo Redirects for vBulletin

XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.9

No permission to download
Can anyone offer me some help on an install of this add-on?

I imported from v3.8 tonight and got everything moved over fine. Installed this add-on and went to options and set the import log table. When I hit save. It just goes right back to the same page with nothing changed. It looks just like it did before I hit save.

When I go to an old URL, I get a page that just says "file not found".

My site is at http://forums.azbilliards.com

I realize it's late, but I am at a loss as to what went wrong.

Mike

Can anyone offer me some help on an install of this add-on?

I imported from v3.8 tonight and got everything moved over fine. Installed this add-on and went to options and set the import log table. When I hit save. It just goes right back to the same page with nothing changed. It looks just like it did before I hit save.

When I go to an old URL, I get a page that just says "file not found".

My site is at http://forums.azbilliards.com

I realize it's late, but I am at a loss as to what went wrong.

Mike

What's the old URL? I noticed some old URLs still don't process properly, you can use this add on to help track broken redirects: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/custom-404-page-by-siropu.7188/

Same url. forums.azbilliards.com

Shouldn’t I be getting some some sort of confirmation message when I activate the plug-in?

I don't think so, it would disappear from the inactive addons lost and into the active list I believe.

You'll find the logs page in Admin CP, under "Tools" > "404 not found".

I'm loading your forum just fine from your URL: forums.azbilliards.com
It loads the XF board, I thought you meant old vB URLs are like /showthread.php or /forumdisplay.php that's not routing probably - that's what this vBulletin Redirect addon is for.

@azhousepro I went to your board and used a showthread URL, I understand your issue. You have friendly URLs on, and this might be a friendly URL configuration issue, see this answer: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...here-please-contact-the-s.104097/#post-977183

You can test by disabling the friendly URL, and see if old vB links would then work. If it does, it confirms the configuration just needs to be worked out so friendly URLs cooperate with the vB redirects.

Your forum looks great! So much more modern from vb 3.

I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago when I upgraded a vb 4 system, with the initial url that people had bookmarked. (/forum.php) The new forum uses /index.php It worked to redirect everything EXCEPT the main page. Folks visiting their bookmarks to the forum.php link were getting:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested page could not be found.

Is this what you are seeing?

Support had me put a redirect condition/rule on top of the .htaccess file, to catch and fix that. I also reminded folks to update their bookmarks.

Your problem may or may not be the same, but it's worth putting in a trouble ticket.

Mike

@azhousepro I went to your board and used a showthread URL, I understand your issue. You have friendly URLs on, and this might be a friendly URL configuration issue, see this answer: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...here-please-contact-the-s.104097/#post-977183

You can test by disabling the friendly URL, and see if old vB links would then work. If it does, it confirms the configuration just needs to be worked out so friendly URLs cooperate with the vB redirects.
Sorry about the confusion in my response. I looked in my SEO options and friendly URLs are not activated. Could they be turned on somewhere else that I’m not aware of?

Mike

Sorry about the confusion in my response. I looked in my SEO options and friendly URLs are not activated. Could they be turned on somewhere else that I’m not aware of?

Mike

Maybe try toggling it on and back off, using this thread as an example:

It put the title into the URL, so it definitely is on.

Maybe try toggling it on and back off, using this thread as an example:

It put the title into the URL, so it definitely is on.
Dragonfruit, thanks for trying to help me solve this, but I switched over to another solution and things are working now.
Thanks

I'm having some issues. We moved from phpbb to vBulletin4 and then to XenForo (long story).

vB4 urls are working fine so now I'm focused on phpbb URLs which I can't make work, let me explain:
phpbb urls redirect to the right URL in vB4 format (showthread.php?t=89) but XenForo doesn't process it like a vBulletin url, it just shows a blank page and there are no errors logged.

How can I troubleshoot this? Does it happen because the url mapping doesn't contain any record of ID 89? Can I instead of displaying a blank page redirect the broken URL to another page?

I migrated from vB 4.2.5 to XF yesterday. The import was successful and I installed the add-on. However, I'm having redirect problems as follows:

1. The original site was located in "example.com/public_html/forum/"
2. I had a .htaccess file that converted calls to a friendly URL by stripping out "/forum/" so that the visitor only saw example.com
3. I installed XF in" example.com/public_html/" instead of "example.com/public_html/forum/"
4. The add-on redirects properly if the requested URL contains "/forum/"
5. But, all internal links and search results do not include "/forum/" so the URLs hit the root where XF lives and a 404 is generated

This is what I was doing on the original site with .htaccess in public_html folder to redirect to /forum/. Of course, these rules are disabled since XF lives in public_html.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example.com$ [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.example.com$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !forum/
RewriteRule (.*) /forum/$1 [L]

Is there a fix other than (i) waiting for the search engines to re-index the site and (2) manually editing all of internal URLs to the new XF URL or adding "/forum/" to the original internal URLs?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I migrated from XF1.5 a couple days ago (originally from vB3) and found that I have some redirect problems now. I already replaced the XF1.5 showthread with this new redirect system for XF2. The problem is that lots of legacy links within my site that have the name of a subforum in their seo friendly url, and none of those are properly redirecting to their /threads equivalent anymore. Any thoughts?

not sure if this will work--- but try making an actual /forum/ folder, with an htaccess to redirect it to root htaccess with QSL to send the thread id to that one

I'll put a paypal bounty on it. $20 for a few minutes at 12:00pm eastern today? I can send a zoom invite. Anyone who can show me how to fix, or do the first if I really need to create a pile of /subforum folders, please PM me your email address. Thanks!

I'll put a paypal bounty on it. $20 for a few minutes at 12:00pm eastern today? I can send a zoom invite. Anyone who can show me how to fix, or do the first if I really need to create a pile of /subforum folders, please PM me your email address. Thanks!
sending you a pm

Hi gang. I am back again. This time I have imported a vbulletin 4.2 install to Xenforo 2.2. I am having the same problems with redirects not working. I installed the add-on and pointed it at the import log file. I am just getting 404 errors with the old links.

( I know it's ugly with that structure, but it's been in place for a long time like this)

Any ideas?

I have just migrated from VB 3.8 with VBSEO to XF2.2 thankfully all went smoothly.

I installed the new XF 2.2 in the same folder \forums\ as the old VB forum, activated the redirect add-on as per the documentation.

I'm having problems trying to get the redirect to work and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction?

for example;

The old VB url from google look like this, which give me 'The requested page could not be found.' error

The actual url for this same thread in XF is this.

I have not made any changes to the .htaccess file in the forums folder

Top Bottom