XenForo Redirects for vBulletin

XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.9

No permission to download
throw this in your htaccess
after rewrite engine on
Code:
RewriteRule [^/]+/([0-9]+)-[^/]+\.html http://www.domain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=$1 [L,R=301]

that should put you back to stock vb url. Then, xf tool should pick that up and do the redirct based on the index. Make sure you've selected the right archive import index in the settings so it can map to the new IDs
Thanks for the suggestion. That Results in this however:

This page isn’t working​

mydomain.org redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
.htaccess file

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
# SecFilterEngine Off
# SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

RewriteEngine on

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
#vbseo
RewriteRule [^/]+/([0-9]+)-[^/]+\.html http://www.mydomain.org/forum/showthread.php?t=$1 [L,R=301]

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

# This line may be needed to workaround HTTP Basic auth issues when using PHP as a CGI.
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Thanks for the suggestion. That Results in this however:

.htaccess file
Just to make a test try the one is there on my htaccess. But I really don't know is just to give you a tip that maybe can help you until someone more expert can give you a valid solution. That string to me redirect all the showthread and friendly links so that maybe can work also to you. But I really don't know a word of code so I cannot assure you

Just to make a test try the one is there on my htaccess. But I really don't know is just to give you a tip that maybe can help you until someone more expert can give you a valid tip

Thanks for your message Mark.

I managed to get there in the end with thanks to @bzcomputers . This is what did the trick in the end:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+-([\d]+).html http://www.mysite.org/forum/showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html http://www.mysite.org/forum/showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]

I'm trying to upgrade the mod but an error block the process saying: One or more of the add-ons in this batch failed to install/upgrade. Click or hover over the error icon to view details of the error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I used this add-on for redirecting links after converting from vb3 to xf2
But the links weren't redirected and no errors appeared in the error log
Is there a possibility to redirect links via .htaccess file?

This addon seems to work pretty well. The only things I'd suggest is adding support for /forum.php, /content.php, and /album.php. I've only done test conversions but it seems as it is now, I'll have to add those to my apache config manually once I'm ready to convert my site.

I upgraded from XF1.5 to XF2.1 a week ago after upgrading from vB4 to XF1.5 almost four years ago.

My vB4 to XF1.5 redirects were working fine until I upgraded to XF2.1, now most of them redirect to /install/index.php?upgrade/ and I have no idea why.

I cannot get this add-on to work after following all the instructions.

Is there anyone out there who has followed the same upgrade path as me vB4 -> XF1.5 -> XF2.1 and is still doing the redirects successfully via .htaccess?

If so, can you please share the content of your .htaccess file with me? This is driving me crazy.

The vB4 archive still redirects fine with this:

RewriteRule ^forums/archive/index\.php/t-([0-9]+)\.html$ /threads/$1 [R=301,L]

But the rest no longer work.

Is there anyone out there who has followed the same upgrade path as me vB4 -> XF1.5 -> XF2.1 and is still doing the redirects successfully via .htaccess?

If so, can you please share the content of your .htaccess file with me? This is driving me crazy.

Just putting this out there again. It's been more than a week since my redirects stopped working and I'm worried I'm losing search engine traffic.

Would love to see an .htaccess file from someone who is doing vB4 redirects on an XF2.1 forum.

OK, I have a question about the plugin.

Let's say my vB install was at /forums and I have Xenforo in the root but my forums index is set to /forums. I can't create the /forums directory to put the two files in because that will cause issues with my forums tab.

The reason I have my forums index page set to /forums even though the Xenforo files are in the root directory is because my forum is 16 years old and it's always been that way. Also I have CMS Home Page. It just made sense that it would still be that way after migrating to Xenforo.

So do I set my forums index page to something else and then create the forums directory in my file system for the two files? I would prefer not to have to, but if I must...

Greetings -

I need some help. We purchased this add-on to deal with 20 years of posts to a vBulletin site that we moved to Xenforo in January of this year. I've been too busy to run this down until now, however the redirect add-on does not appear to be working, and instead, all the links which are cited in posts still point to the old vB database rather than the new xF one. The set up is using the import log created when the threads were brought in, it's just not translating the old links to the new location.

Not sure if it applies here - but our old vB and the new xF folder structures are set one down from the root.

Any advice?

Thanks!
//sse

Greetings -

I need some help. We purchased this add-on to deal with 20 years of posts to a vBulletin site that we moved to Xenforo in January of this year. I've been too busy to run this down until now, however the redirect add-on does not appear to be working, and instead, all the links which are cited in posts still point to the old vB database rather than the new xF one. The set up is using the import log created when the threads were brought in, it's just not translating the old links to the new location.

Not sure if it applies here - but our old vB and the new xF folder structures are set one down from the root.

Any advice?

Thanks!
//sse
What happens if you click on those old vB links though?

Hello! I have such a problem - old links in posts contain subdirectory / forum
For example, https://mydomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10682
I corrected nginx config by correcting try_files $ uri /index.php?$uri&$args;
but the redirect to the topic only works if you manually remove the / forum subdirectory from the URL, that is, to this https://mydomain.com/showthread.php?t=10682
XF is installed in the root directory
I can't figure out what else needs to be fixed

Top Bottom