XenForo Redirects for vBulletin

XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.9

No permission to download
Quick question, I'm already using the previous version of this plugin but in order to upgrade do I just upload and overwrite with the new 1.1.3 files or are any other steps required to ensure it stays working?

I have some old URLs from VB3 which doesn't work.

/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=103&page=1&pp=30&sort=dateline&order=desc&daysprune=30

This is working:

/forumdisplay.php?f=103&page=1&pp=30&sort=dateline&order=desc&daysprune=30

It looks like that XF2 search for the first argument and not for "f=".

Hey,
So I have moved our forum to a new domain on the same server same account owner but can not get the redirect to work. it seems the index page cannot grab the required file.

my situation:
old forum index.php location
/home/username/public_html/forum/index.php
new forum path
$dir = '/home/different_username/public_html/xenforo2';

any Idea's?

With that sort of server setup, it's unlikely that a script running in /home/a can access /home/b -- this is pretty important for server security. Unless you can change that (and understand what that implies), you'd need a different approach. This might mean redirecting all URLs on the old domain to the new one and then handling the redirects there.

So to anyone that has the same problem.

I redirected

www.old_forum.com to www.new_forum.com/xenforo2 so the main site redirects
www.old_forum.com/forums/* to www.new_forum.com/index.php the one from the addon and the htaccess

this works for all the links but messes up if someone goes straight to www.old_forum.com/forums
still tying to work that out in the htaccess if any htaccess guru's out there have any ideas

Thanks for the addon at least now links work so I don't have to change the 1000's on the forum

this works for all the links but messes up if someone goes straight to www.old_forum.com/forums
still tying to work that out in the htaccess if any htaccess guru's out there have any ideas
fixed by placing this as first rewrite in www.new_forum.com/.HTACCESS
Code:
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^m\.
    RewriteRule ^$ http://new_forum.com/Xenforo2/ [R,L]

Installed the Addon and pointed the addon to archived_imported_log (from back in our vB 4 import log)

When I visit forum-domain/showthread.php?t=123

I got 500 Internal server error

[Thu Jan 03 15:24:00.690584 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 3561:tid 139718280660736] [client 151.80.39.25:57196] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require(/home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/forum/public_html/showthread.php on line 11\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php72/lib/php') in /home/forum/public_html/showthread.php on line 11\n'

(1) Any clue what's wrong?
I'm using PHP 7.2 FPM.

Forum URL is exactly the same, it's indeed showthread.php is no longer there.
And it was working perfectly fine using XF1.3 vB4Redir.

(2) I still have these lines in my .htaccess, should I clean them up?
Code:
RewriteRule t([\d]+)-([\d]+)/ showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
RewriteRule t([\d]+)/ showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]
RewriteRule f([\d]+)-([\d]+)/ forumdisplay.php?f=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
RewriteRule f([\d]+)/ forumdisplay.php?f=$1 [NC,L]

how does this work when importing vb to xenforo but also changing domain from .org to .net?

regards

@Forum
Failed opening required '/home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php'

I think this is XF 1 files? This addon is for XF 2.

Why is there still vBulletin file on the directory
in /home/forum/public_html/showthread.php on line 11\n'

If you have different directories for two forums, follow the guide above.

@Forum

I think this is XF 1 files? This addon is for XF 2.

Why is there still vBulletin file on the directory

If you have different directories for two forums, follow the guide above.
I think it's mixed up, how can I get rid of all files that doesn't have any relationship with my current XF2 installation?

I think it's mixed up, how can I get rid of all files that doesn't have any relationship with my current XF2 installation?

What did you change in showthread.php? Because I see that showthread.php is requiring Xenforo files.
Request shouldn't need going through showthread.php if you follow this guide first https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/import-notes-vbulletin/#xenforo-and-vbulletin-at-different-urls

I don't use XF 1 but this may help https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xf1-cleanup-command.6133/

His particular issue was resolved in a ticket. (It relates to add-on files for XF1 -- the cleanup script can't remove those.)

When I hit a showthread.php URL with a "page" variable in the URL (i.e. /showthread.php?t=2451&p=2), I get the following error:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

This doesn't happen on all threads with page variables, only some - but I'm not sure what the common factor is. All of the links have the appropriate pages (i.e. in the above example, there is a 2nd page to view). I'm using XF2.1b5

Last edited:
Your redirects need to "hit" the old URL, as that's what links may point to or search engines may see. There is a system to handle this in the add-on. See this section of the XF2 manual: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/import-notes-vbulletin/#xenforo-redirects-for-vbulletin
the old URL will be there still (forever), I take that it is possible?

not had a change to use this addon yet, as previously you'd just edit htaccess, will be moving one soon(ish) and just trying to iron out any issues.

the old URL will be there still (forever), I take that it is possible?
The old URL needs to redirect as long as it's still being triggered. Bear in mind that this isn't just Google -- it's any other site that linked to the old URL. You can stop doing redirects at some point if the annoyance of maintaining them outweighs the benefit, but in theory, you may have to maintain them forever if they're still being used.

Hi,

I am migrating a forum XF 1.5.9 (in which a VB4 forum had been imported) to XF 2.1.
In my XF 1.5.9 forum I have the vB4 URL Redirection 0.0.2 (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/) add-on activated.
I have migrated to XF 2.1 preview meaning that I have still on XF 2.1 the files assotiated to this add-on.
For example 301config.php is still present in my XF 2.1 environment in root folder.

Do I have to delete the add-on vB4 URL Redirection 0.0.2 (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/) before or after the upgrade.
If I delete the add-on, does it will delete the table archived_import_log?

And last question ;-), when do I have to install this new XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.3 add-on?

Thanks in advance

David

Looking at that add-on, it has two approaches. If you use the standard/basic/advanced approach, you will need to manually remove those files as they'd interfere. For the mod_rewrite approach, it's just an installed add-on. As it doesn't do any DB stuff, it would be safe to just uninstall it (either before or after upgrading; doesn't matter here).

You'd install this after upgrading.

Top Bottom