XenForo needs a Lawrence Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secretly I think we're all being subjected to an experiement on human behavior. The XF team and brogan have all abandoned us on purpose to see how long it is before we all revert to cavemen.

I have not. Since I started working full-time I have little time left. Because of the nature of the job I come home exhausted, go to bed early and wake up early. Some weekends are free and some I have to work. With that said I do check in here morning, noon and evening. If there are moderated posts, or if someone PC's me for assistance I do action them. When I do manage to get a couple of hours together I do some coding and styling on my site.

I love Xenforo, and highly respect Mike, Kier, and Ashley for all their hard work & dedication to excellence.

I would start a PC with you but alas you do not allow that..... Old git!

Speak for yourself, I still look like this. :p

images

Do you know the history of Mark? He changes his opinion like the weather in the UK. Today it is cold, raining and windy. Two weeks ago it was hot and sunny.

I just dont believe this is a forum where people should be using profanity to put across there point. And from what I have seen of your post you clearly have the vocabulary to put across your point without it. Whether I agree with yourself or Mark is irrelevant its simply not what a lot of people want to see when they come onto a forum. On top of that I believe its against the terms and conditions of the forum

You agree to not use the Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

And in answer to your question, yes I do.

Communications strategy, and simple, emotional reassurance.

If they don't release something in Q2 then I would be looking for some kind of communication at that point. As long as releases are coming out about when they say I could care less what they're up to. I certainly don't think there is a need to hire someone to come on here to report that Mike went to the market at 4pm. :D

As did I, the point is how often does Steve Bullmer or Tim Cook blog about what Microsoft or Apple are doing everyday? Personally I believe that the biggest mistake Mike and Kier made was being too involved with the community. Forward thinking would see Ashley taking over the role of being the bridge between the community/customers.
You make a bad analogy, but a good suggestion. I don't need the CEO to communicate with me, only a company. I know what Microsoft's release schedule and roadmap is. Same for Apple. Mountain Lion will be released this fall.
Its not a matter of who communicates, but rather that the communication takes place. Its also important to know that feedback is welcome. Your suggestion is spot on, however.

If this is such a serious concern then why not give it the proper debate it deserves i.e. cut the insults and self-obsessed posts?

Cheers.

You make a bad analogy, but a good suggestion. I don't need the CEO to communicate with me, only a company. I know what Microsoft's release schedule and roadmap is. Same for Apple. Mountain Lion will be released this fall.
Its not a matter of who communicates, but rather that the communication takes place. Its also important to know that feedback is welcome. Your suggestion is spot on, however.

I know xenforo 1.2 is scheduled to be release in Q2 this year. Your right I dont need to have the CEO's communicate with me, only a company ;)

Wow... I see things like this. Quite frankly, XenForo has done more in 6 months than I have seen done at VB in 2.5 years. I'm hoping that this albatross will soon be over and things will move along. If you need some help here, with trying to rationalize why you should stay calm, I'll give you one that doesn't involve any answers here.

For those of you thinking about what to do next, there really are two premium choices - IPB and XF. VB 5 is not an option. As many have discovered, IB has forums that compete in every niche. You are stuck at a major competitive disadvantage even thinking about competing for the same audience against the developer of the software you use. As a result, it doesn't matter what VB 5 turns out to be - it's quite simply not an option. As I've been doing, perhaps the best thing to do is to work on improving numerous other areas of your site instead of worrying about what's next. I think that XF does the forum thing very well as is.

We've been told 1.2 is in the works and when to expect it - we've also been told (by one of the key developers) that development is continuing - so, again, to those stirring up a storm about nothing - what, exactly, do you want to know? :confused:

From what I'm reading, it's mostly ensuring there's a warm body around on the community front to just hold a torch up and say we're not going anywhere and we're definitely open for business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom