XenForo needs a Lawrence Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite happy with the pace of development. I see licence holders getting the support they need and I've got a fair idea of what's coming in the near future. I'm happy with that and busy preparing two forums for migration to XenForo. What I particularly like is that the developers do listen to licence holder requests and often implement them in a timely fashion. I personally see no need for a Lawrence Cole or anyone like him because the quality and development pace of the product speaks for itself.

Secretly I think we're all being subjected to an experiement on human behavior. The XF team and brogan have all abandoned us on purpose to see how long it is before we all revert to cavemen.

Secretly I think we're all being subjected to an experiement on human behavior. The XF team and brogan have all abandoned us on purpose to see how long it is before we all revert to cavemen.

OOOoooohhhhhhhhhh ....... As for Broganbot, has anyone checked the fuse?

A couple of myths and untruths need clearing up that keep getting bandied about:

1) People are NOT demanding to know when 1.2 will come out.
2) People are NOT demanding to know details of Kier's private life.

Most people with concerns are simply pointing out the obvious - that the entire public face of XenForo has disappeared from the forums. That is *obviously* a conscious decision (it hasn't happened by accident) and it gives perfectly legitimate cause for some concern.

Additionally, those saying "well Kier and Mike should not have been the public face" ..... you are probably right, but the fact is they WERE, and to cease being so without explanation and without any replacement is, again, legitimate cause for some concern.

It is possible, even probable, that these concerns have no value, but if that's the case, the company should simply come out and say so, and give some sort of direction as to how future communication is to be handled. That's all. And the fact that they won't do so is, a THIRD legitimate cause for some concern.
Mark,

My nephew of 12 weeks old has trouble spouting more s***e than you. Maybe he needs more milk.

Aw come on. The guy got an opinion, no need for that. Lets keep it friendly guys
Do you know the history of Mark? He changes his opinion like the weather in the UK. Today it is cold, raining and windy. Two weeks ago it was hot and sunny.

Deebs - is your typical English "Farmer Giles", he's only used to speaking to cows and sheep in his field. They don't understand him, so he gets away with it and thinks that's the normal way to speak to other people on the web.

Deebs - is your typical English "Farmer Giles", he's only used to speaking to cows and sheep in his field. They don't understand him, so he gets away with it and thinks that's the normal way to speak to other people on the web.
Of course not, I have been speaking English longer than you have been alive most likely. I just know you from all the bull**** you spread (like a farmer) around the internet. No malice in that, just that I have learnt and understand that you are someone who has to be disregarded as you have no credibility.

I bought a XenForo licence on day 1. I am a staunch supporter of the company, and of Kier and Mike and the team. They get loyalty from myself and countless others - and will continue to get it - because of their excellent reputation in the "industry", so to speak. But it is because of this loyalty, that people like myself are urging them to say something. It's a crisis of confidence. I have currently lost confidence in the company because this strange turn of events suggests something is amiss. Our collective minds simply need putting at rest, then we can move on (move on within XenForo I mean, not move on to other software).
As did I, the point is how often does Steve Bullmer or Tim Cook blog about what Microsoft or Apple are doing everyday? Personally I believe that the biggest mistake Mike and Kier made was being too involved with the community. Forward thinking would see Ashley taking over the role of being the bridge between the community/customers.

Deebs by all means disagree with me - I welcome that - but there's really no need for personal abuse. I don't care but it does spoil the thread for others and this has been largely a welcome and sensible discussion.

We are all forum admins here so surely we can debate this without it getting personal?
Point taken but sometimes seeing so much ******** makes you see red. See my reply to your last message. That was a civil reply :)

Our collective minds simply need putting at rest, then we can move on (move on within XenForo I mean, not move on to other software).

Mark,

Agree completely with your entire post above. The concerns i have that have been muted before in this thread are for developers. Because of the 'new' status of the software, it doesnt take much for them to move their market elsewhere - somewhere that is supported with a more stable base.

Worrying times....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom