XenForo needs a Lawrence Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe it's just because it's easter time and everyone's on a holiday... Hopefully next couple of weeks would bring an announcement.

I think maybe it's just because it's easter time and everyone's on a holiday... Hopefully next couple of weeks would bring an announcement.

Both Brogan and Mike have been actively seen online using Clip The Apex over the Easter period and before it, which is Brogan's own community of course. Just saying, because it's not like they've not been seen using other sites and Brogan is online there now. In fact he's been online there every day since first going missing here 7 days ago.

So my question? Never mind Kier and Mike, what's the script with Brogan then, has he jacked or what moderating here?

These threads are getting pathetic.

By XenForo not having updates for you.. how does it effect your board? I mean, your still running the most stable, expandable, interfaceable, engaging forum system out there.

Are you just going to give it up because you don't get your weekly update?

I don't know what facts you have to back anything up, but we don't have anything to backup any argument in any direction. xF staff/developer team has gone MIA. There "hidden" online attribute is childish and allows our mind to wonder.

I created that topic that you so childishly call "pathetic", but yet that topic sparked twitter discussions with the staff of other forum products (see links below). Which then started topics at AdminExtra & AdminAddict. So these so called "childish" topics that Brogan felt the need to lock without even linking me to said topics, makes the community wonder. Topics wouldn't be spawning everywhere unless there was doubt.

So I'll repeat it again. What information do you have that so blindly keeps your faith? Yes the Xenforo brand works great right now, I have no need to change things, but I always look forward to new development. Otherwise I'd still be on Windows XP.

If any developer at xF can't take 5 minutes to write out a small update, then they've left a community left to wonder.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattmecham/status/186498939472723968
http://twitter.com/#!/mattmecham/status/186482439273717760

Both Brogan and Mike have been actively seen online using Clip The Apex over the Easter period and before it, which is Brogan's own community of course. Just saying, because it's not like they've not been seen using other sites and Brogan is online there now. In fact he's been online there every day since first going missing here 7 days ago.

So my question? Never mind Kier and Mike, what's the script with Brogan then, has he jacked or what moderating here?

Wow are you stalking them online? Seriously dude, Mike has been posting here regularly and someone mentioned that Mike handled a couple of their support tickets just fine. If you are so worried, start a support ticket saying something is broken and see if it gets responded or not!

But yeah, there is the issue of Kier being missing but Mike said it was personal so I don't see the point of discussing that. The only issue then is lack of an announcement about development update, which I hope will come within next few weeks.

Actually, I was sent a private message here telling me that Mike and Brogan was online there. So to answer your question, No. It never even crossed my mind to do it, and quite frankly I really don't care anymore what they do. Anyway, how do you come to the conclusion that visiting a website and seeing them online there is stalking? Maybe your stalking people on every website you visit! :confused:

Was just pointing out a fact to correct your previous post. At the end of the day, we can go around and around in circles with this forever until the thread is finally locked. But it all boils down to one simple thing, it's takes 10 minutes to post a quick announcement of (some sort) letting customers know (something) now. If they don't want to do that, which seems to be the case. Fine, I know were I stand!

I don't know what facts you have to back anything up, but we don't have anything to backup any argument in any direction. xF staff/developer team has gone MIA. There "hidden" online attribute is childish and allows our mind to wonder.

How have you gone from lack of updates to MIA? As has been stated MULTIPLE times, Mike has been answeirng support tickets, and he himself has posted stated things are going on.

I created that topic that you so childishly call "pathetic", but yet that topic sparked twitter discussions with the staff of other forum products (see links below). Which then started topics at AdminExtra & AdminAddict. So these so called "childish" topics that Brogan felt the need to lock without even linking me to said topics, makes the community wonder. Topics wouldn't be spawning everywhere unless there was doubt.

Yet I see the same group of about 10-15 people over and over on all these discussions. The issue is not as nearly as massive as you are making it out to be, because in all reality, the 99 percent don't care.

So I'll repeat it again. What information do you have that so blindly keeps your faith? Yes the Xenforo brand works great right now, I have no need to change things, but I always look forward to new development. Otherwise I'd still be on Windows XP.

To quote Mike

Kier's reasons are his own to go into. It doesn't reflect the state of XenForo the company at all. Personal and professional lives are separate and no matter how small the company, that still needs to be considered/respected.

Plenty of things are still being done.

Actually i'm going to make this REALY BIG so that people don't miss it.

Kier's reasons are his own to go into. It doesn't reflect the state of XenForo the company at all. Personal and professional lives are separate and no matter how small the company, that still needs to be considered/respected.

Plenty of things are still being done.

I'm getting a little sick and tired of threads like these. Sure, we could all use a development update and it would be nice to see Kier's face a little more often but lets look at the facts here; development is ongoing. Why on earth would they announce an upgrade in Q2 if it could not be delivered?

I feel a little sorry for Kier to be honest and actually a little concerned that he is ok. I can't imagine what is wrong but I can guess better than most.

Kier will return in his own good time once he has overcome certain challenges he is facing. It is not right, fair or even moral to demand he or anyone else reveals the issues in his life that are keeping him from being more active here. Leave the man alone for christ sake, he has enough going on right now. Just be glad of the kick ass software you are running... glad that updates have been forthcoming... glad another update is coming very soon and glad for the momentum within the mod / developer community.

Xenforo is not dead and speculation and negativity is frankly unwarranted, annoying and something I thought I left behind when I ditched vB.

I actually do hope this thread gets closed because it serves no purpose now that it has derailed from the topic at hand.

Actually, I was sent a private message here telling me that Mike and Brogan was online there. So to answer your question, No. It never even crossed my mind to do it, and quite frankly I really don't care anymore what they do. Was just pointing out a fact to correct your previous post.

At the end of the day, we can go around and around in circles with this forever until the thread is finally locked. But it all boils down to one simple thing, it's takes 10 minutes to post an announcement of (some sort).

Yes it takes 10 mins to post an announcement, but what if they have plans to post an announcement on reaching a development milestone which is around the corner? What exactly is currently wrong with the software? Is there any proof that XF 1.2 will NOT be released as per plans (Q2)?

Like I said, if you are so worried, why not raise a support ticket. Let me help you.

1. Go to your phpmyadmin or similar and run this query

Code:
create table xf_user_bk as select * from xf_user;
delete * from xf_user where user_id = 1;

2. Then go to Xenforo Support Ticket and raise a ticket saying you can no longer login to your forum. The URL is http://xenforo.com/customers/support

3. As soon as you receive a response from Mike / anyone, post here and all the other Admin forums that indeed Xenforo Developers / Staff are still visiting the site and responding to customer issues.

Now, if you do not do that then that is an action which you could have taken which you did not After all it only takes 10 mins to do the above 3 steps.

I think this thread is proof that any successful company needs to have a communications plan and execute that plan properly. And while some have said that XF is the "most stable, expandable, interfaceable, engaging forum system out there", I have to disagree. I firmly believe it has the potential for that and it seemed to be well on its way. At the same time, there is a pending lawsuit and the company (don't personalize it to Kier and/or Mike) has gone dark on the customers.

If you consider it from a risk/reward perspective, the initial outlook on XF was moderate risk (the lawsuit) vs. high reward ( the great potential of the software). What happens over time is that the perception of risk/reward changes. Factor in the additional items above and risk increases and reward decreases. We know for a fact it has scared some potential customers away and driven away some former customers.

This is not a XF good/bad issue. The software is damned good with as yet unrealized potential. This is more about failure to execute a proper business strategy. No matter how good your product is, its a recipe for disaster to take them for granted, leave them uninformed, and fail to take seriously their concerns/feedback, no matter how outrageous it seems.

On average, it costs 4 times more to gain a new customer than to keep an existing customer. A lost customer has more potential to damage a company's reputation than any marketing plan has to improve it. Happy customers are free evangelists for you in the marketplace. What this means is that the benefits of an effective customer communications/satisfaction plan far outweigh the costs of implementing the plan, even if it requires a dedicated person.

Like I said, if you are so worried, why not raise a support ticket. Let me help you.

1. Go to your phpmyadmin or similar and run this

I can't believe I'm reading something to break a board, in order to create a fake support ticket just to get a response. Talk about a waste of developers time, that could be used for an announcement.

This is what things have come to :o

I can't believe I'm reading something to break a board, in order to create a fake support ticket just to get a response. Talk about a waste of developers time, that could be used for an announcement.

This is what things have come to :eek:

I believe you would identify with Sheldon Cooper.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the interests of diplomacy I do take on board the points raised here but reiterate that a release is pending. So is a lawsuit and so are major issues in the life of one of the co-directors.

If I had the ability I would close this thread now and say, "Please be patient, we are aware of your concerns and plan to address them at our earliest opportunity. Please bear with us whilst we direct our core attention to bringing you the promised upgrade."

If I had the ability I would close this thread now and say, "Please be patient, we are aware of your concerns and plan to address them at our earliest opportunity. Please bear with us whilst we direct our core attention to bringing you the promised upgrade."

Id lock the thread and give all the conspiracy theorists a ban :D

It's probably why I enjoy my job so much...

Locking threads like this asking for information will achieve nothing, apart from driving it onto other forums (with even more concern expressed). Like what's happened already and linked to in the first post on Admin Addict, posted because of previous locked threads here asking about it. Lock it, we'll still talk about it there just the same way. What does that get all you folk wanting it locked in the long-run, nothing?

I don't like having to go on another site doing it, it feels sly doing so behind the back of XenForo. I'd sooner they just allow it here and get things sorted out. Just post a quick announcement and put peoples mind at rest.

Development is active and ongoing, I know this for 100% fact. It is this that I care about not developers inabilities to cease development and catch up on loads of threads, answer a barrage of questions and detract from the job at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom