XenForo needs a Lawrence Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1) It means you are going to miss an awesome xenforo wiki I just demo'd.
(2) You are migrating from Xenforo to phpFox. That would be a vote with your feet.

People complaining about and questioning the disappearance of Kier are not necessarily demanding a peep-hole in to his personal life. They want to know why nobody is communicating with the customers who are getting restless, and let's be honest, those numbers are enough to warrant a response from a figurehead.

People complaining about and questioning the disappearance of Kier are not necessarily demanding a peep-hole in to his personal life. They want to know why nobody is communicating with the customers who are getting restless, and let's be honest, those numbers are enough to warrant a response from a figurehead.

They did. They got a response from Mike. Just because its not exactly the way people wanted the reponse doesnt stop it being one

I am sure patience will provide an answer. I've said about all I can say on this matter. I hate these type of threads - all points have been made to the nth degree now everyone really should just focus on their own communities, be patient and wait.

Totally agree with this. No offence to Mark.B, but his credibility is really shot to pieces and he has no one but only himself to thank for that. It is always drama with this guy, and as mentioned above, what he says now he doesn't say it a few minutes later. He changes his mind faster than you can blink lol :D I stopped taking him and a few other trolls seriously a long time ago.

I wouldn't go that far, it takes at least a few days for Mark to change his mind again. :LOL:

I think Mark.B is funny though, he amuses me at times.

They did. They got a response from Mike. Just because its not exactly the way people wanted the reponse doesnt stop it being one

Wasn't his response to a support ticket someone submitted? A visitor to this site with far less free time than myself needs to be able to see that kind of statement in a recent announcement, and not have to dig for it via hearsay in some unknown person's random post buried in a thread they aren't likely to read.

If I'm wrong on that front, I apologize. If not, I think my complaint is valid.

I absolutely agree!

Getting restless about what?

Why?

Why not? No posts from a developer who's a keystone of this product since January 17th. No posts from the other keystone developer since March 20th. One post from the primary (or only) moderator since April 2nd. That's worrisome to some.

Obviously our opinions on the subject are different, though that doesn't make this one any less valid.

I think a lot of this issue stems from the fact that XF was sold to many customers as being the anti-vB or anti-IB, if you will. Lots of chest pounding from the outset about how responsive the admin/dev team was compared to the IB counterparts -- like the good ole days of vB. That marketing tactic was used to sell a lot of licenses and is what some of the customer base has come to expect.

The funny (ironic maybe) part of this thread is the defense by some here -- those same lot that complained on the vBulletin LCF forum about the IB admin/dev team doing the same thing.

The funny (ironic maybe) part of this thread is the defense by some here -- those same lot that complained on the vBulletin LCF forum about the IB admin/dev team doing the same thing.
It's not ironic. I have no complaint about xenforo's software (bugs etc) like I did, when I was with IB.

To me it does,
When there is something to say they will, when they dont there is nothing to say.
We all paid $140 for some software, this does not give us anything other than the software.

It gives us a reasonable expectation for consistency, that's part of running a business. To suddenly vanish is a little odd.

A response of 'development is still ongoing' or words to that effect (which as far as I know is the furthest anyone has said on the matter) simply doesn't answer the concerns that people have over a) Kier doing a Lord Lucan and b) why no-one at XF is answering a simple question about where he is.

I would have thought, at the very least, if he was simply away concentrating on coding, that would have been posted within 5 minutes of the first thread asking where he was. The fact it wasn't is what is concerning people. This whole situation is so easy for XF to answer and then all these threads simply die as the answer is out there (to quote Mulder).

I'm not a conspricary theorist at all, I'm simply a customer and XenForo enthusiast who was used to reading Kier's posts and is concerned over where he's gone and more over, why XF are staying silent on the matter. Their silence is making things 10 times worse the longer it goes on, the longer it looks like something serious. If its not serious, why stay quiet?

If its personal, fine - say its personal and none will ask for further info. But I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that they're concerned about Kier's absence and even more concerned about the silence from XF Ltd. Everyone will recognise that his personal life is none of our business, but his commercial life is our business, in many case, literally.

Why not? No posts from a developer who's a keystone of this product since January 17th. No posts from the other keystone developer since March 20th. One post from the primary (or only) moderator since April 2nd. That's worrisome to some.

Obviously our opinions on the subject are different, though that doesn't make this one any less valid.
All good things come to those who wait. Be patient. This matter is very very much known about by the xenforo team.

Perhaps there is a very good reason why nothing is being posted that will come apparent in time. I never have been a believer in the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. There are at least several reasons I can think of to explain this - I will refrain however from wild speculation because that isnt a very adult approach in this delicate situation where Kier has (obviously) personal / family issues right now, mike is heavily engaged in development and ashley will no doubt be very busy with things leading up to the new release. Let's not forget all three of them are subject currently to a mob handed all out attack by IB and maybe they wish to keep a low public profile as anything they post will be scrutinised to hell and back by very astute lawyers. I totally understand whatever their reasons but no amount of speculation, b1tching, whinging or throwing of ones toys out the pram will be a catalyst to them posting.

Word will come, so more patience people please? Don't you have better things to be getting on with?

You're arguing semantics. Obviously any license agreement for ANY software isn't going to say "Kier and Mike promise to post stuff all the time".

The point people are making is that providing a consistent company culture is part of running a successful community based business. For every member of the team to go from making dozens of posts per day to flat out vanishing is not in keeping with that, and they begin alienating a sizable portion of their customer base.

Is it not fair to say that this all looks a little strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom