Duplicate XenForo needs a CMS

gmaister22

It's a request that it has been discussed.

I couldn't find a separate post for it though, so i'm starting a new one.

Forums are taking the downhill, with all that new social websites around, having just a forum on your website is not enough nowadays, with all that competition around. XenForo is an awesome forum software, that's why i have purchased it, i like to support people that have done a good job and worked hard for something.

Website's can't keep up with the competition without having a landing page, plain forum sites are dead, that's a fact, anyone who has different opinion than that is clueless, no mean to insult anyone, but that's the reality (of course there are exceptions, i'm just talking about the majority).
The websites nowadays are more advanced, a plain forum will not work, people seek for new features all the time...

XenForo needs a CMS. Give the people the choice to buy it, i'm sure that it will be a huge amount of new websites that will transfer to XenForo the moment you guys release it. There are people that buy IPB just for their IP.Content addon. If XenForo is want to keep competing with the other forum and website solutions, they have to do something.
Cause actually, when somebody creates a website he takes some things under consideration, which are:

Xenforo:
✔ Has decent forum system
✘ No Gallery
✘ No CMS for front page and other pages,
✘ No Blogs

Competitor:
✔ Good forum system, not better than xenforo
✔ Gallery
✔ CMS that can help me customize my website with front pages and other pages
✔ Blogs

I'm begging for a CMS, seriously! Please the customers and customers will support the good work, that's how it is...

I'm hoping for an official reply on this topic and what the XenForo team has to say about that matter

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I need a CMS too; but I'm guessing this has been discussed a lot of time already. I'm quite sure Kier and Mike have already noted the suggestion and my wild imagination is that XF 2.0 will have an official CMS add-on.

Xenforo:
✔ Has decent forum system
✘ No Gallery
✘ No CMS for front page and other pages,
✘ No Blogs

Competitor:
✔ Good forum system, not better than xenforo
✔ Gallery
✔ CMS that can help me customize my website with front pages and other pages
✔ Blogs

Honestly, sometimes I prefer the development of outside devs as their focus is more on the 1 project rather than the forum, the cms, the gallery, the blog, etc.

I mean if we are doing checklists to sway one software over another then let me join!

Xenforo:
✔ Has AMAZING forum system
✔ Has a gallery (showcase) system with an amazing developer in @Bob B or you can go with @Chris D Xen Media Gallery
✔ Has CMS for front page & other pages titled XenPorta by @Jaxel
✔ Blogs - Yea they have that too... Just search it.

Competitor:
✔ Losing members everyday due to excess production on 3rd party tools
✔ Lack luster customer service
✔ Inability to work with long term customers
✔ Still has 90's style profile pages

The options you are looking for are in fact there but you want them free & integrated. I dare not push for such addons as in the end we (the consumer) may fall victim to what many in our fair market already fall victim too. That's the seller (in this case xenforo forum software) looking to make more money by uping the scale. I am VERY happy with xenforos forum software. As a consumer they captured me with their consistent forum releases & overall customer service revolving around the forum software. That's the same reason vbulletin lost me. I don't care how shiny the blog system is or how cool your integrated CMS system looks. Anything can still be done with xenforo. As a webmaster you should understand that the software that's at your fingertips is as limited as you make it.

Best of luck to you.

Ouch, so there's no CMS or Gallery etc?
Oh....

You are purchasing forum software. No CMS, Blogs, Galleries, etc. Those are found in the resource area & are commonly available ranging from free to paid. They are not however integrated at purchase. No.

Honestly, sometimes I prefer the development of outside devs as their focus is more on the 1 project rather than the forum, the cms, the gallery, the blog, etc.

I mean if we are doing checklists to sway one software over another then let me join!

Xenforo:
✔ Has AMAZING forum system
✔ Has a gallery (showcase) system with an amazing developer in @Bob B or you can go with @Chris D Xen Media Gallery
✔ Has CMS for front page & other pages titled XenPorta by @Jaxel
✔ Blogs - Yea they have that too... Just search it.

Competitor:
✔ Losing members everyday due to excess production on 3rd party tools
✔ Lack luster customer service
✔ Inability to work with long term customers
✔ Still has 90's style profile pages

The options you are looking for are in fact there but you want them free & integrated. I dare not push for such addons as in the end we (the consumer) may fall victim to what many in our fair market already fall victim too. That's the seller (in this case xenforo forum software) looking to make more money by uping the scale. I am VERY happy with xenforos forum software. As a consumer they captured me with their consistent forum releases & overall customer service revolving around the forum software. That's the same reason vbulletin lost me. I don't care how shiny the blog system is or how cool your integrated CMS system looks. Anything can still be done with xenforo. As a webmaster you should understand that the software that's at your fingertips is as limited as you make it.

Best of luck to you.

Who said that i want the for free and integrated? Integrated yes, of couse, Free? Of course not. Don't put words in my mouth. I said that CMS is an addon that is a must have nowadays and that XenForo would BOOST their sales if they release one, not for free of course, is RM free? IPS 4.0 doesn't seem to have 90's style profile pages, nor their customer support service lacks...

XenPorta...are you comparing a Portal with a CMS?

You are purchasing forum software. No CMS, Blogs, Galleries, etc. Those are found in the resource area & are commonly available ranging from free to paid. They are not however integrated at purchase. No.

Yes indeed you are, why not to develop a CMS and let me purchase it?

XenForo would BOOST their sales if they release one

Coming from your advanced market research I assume? Then again I dare not assume as I may be "putting words into your mouth". The question has been asked numerous times. I believe you were pointed to one of the larger discussions. The developers have made it clear that they are aware of the suggestion & so professionally advised us that it's not for xenforo at this time. As for the CMS vs Portal, read the description. It acts very much like a CMS.

Yes indeed you are, why not to develop a CMS and let me purchase it?

I'll gracefully bow out as you are "one of those guys". Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Top Bottom