Browser issue xenForo messed up in Safari for Windows.

xffutureuser

Affected version
xenForo is completely messed up and unusable in Safari browser for Windows. This is how the Forums page looks like:

What are all the browsers where xenForo is supposed to work properly?

It's worth mentioning that Safari for Windows was discontinued in 2012, so you are effectively using a 7 year old browser. You wouldn't use IE6 on a modern website, would you? :P

I don't know, I've just downloaded it. So it is still possible to download.

Is anywhere written what are all the browsers where xenForo is supposed to work properly?

Latest version of Windows 7 Professional

Honestly, unless you're running something mission critical that you need Windows 7 for you should really upgrade to 10 at this point.

I'm not 100% sure if this is still the case, but I do think Microsoft have started accepting valid Windows 7 keys to activate Windows 10 to encourage users to upgrade. It would be worth doing some research and maybe someone else can chime in.

I wouldn't expect any modern website or web app to run correctly in a 7 year old browser.

We're unable to support Safari for Windows due to its age, it no longer being maintained by Apple, and it not making use of modern web standards. It isn't particularly clear but Safari for Windows is still at version 5.1 which is from 2012 and there hasn't been any feature updates to it since then. Web has moved on!

As a side note, Internet Explorer 11 is the oldest browser we support (2013), but given that it will soon be superseded by "original" Microsoft Edge and further superseded by "Chromium" Microsoft Edge I wouldn't expect IE11 to be supported in XF 2.2 either.

We're unable to support Safari for Windows due to its age, it no longer being maintained by Apple, and it not making use of modern web standards. It isn't particularly clear but Safari for Windows is still at version 5.1 which is from 2012 and there hasn't been any feature updates to it since then. Web has moved on!

As a side note, Internet Explorer 11 is the oldest browser we support (2013), but given that it will soon be superseded by "original" Microsoft Edge and further superseded by "Chromium" Microsoft Edge I wouldn't expect IE11 to be supported in XF 2.2 either.

Basically, @Chris D do you mean that any XenForo forum website will not work properly or show up properly on any old or new Safari Desktop Browser?

I'm not sure where you got "old or new" from. That isn't what I said.

My comments were related to the specific version of Safari which is available for Windows. It is very old and has not received any updates for many years.

This does not affect Safari on macOS or iOS.

I'm not sure where you got "old or new" from. That isn't what I said.

My comments were related to the specific version of Safari which is available for Windows. It is very old and has not received any updates for many years.

This does not affect Safari on macOS or iOS.

oh do you mean the very latest safari desktop version for the latest windows is not compatible for XF forums?

Top Bottom