XenForo License Verification

XenForo License Verification 3.5.0

No permission to download
@Xon Please also make maintenance this two add-on.

Anyone wishing to take over any of Liam's add-ons, just report the resource or start a conversation with a staff member, requesting to do so.

Anyone else experienced the “Automatically reverify license” not working? I had to re verify my license on my site manually yesterday.

Once you have entered your token, as long as you have the “Automatically reverify license” option set to yes in the options, it should reverify after the “License verification expiry” days. Shouldn’t have to re-enter my license manually anymore. At least that is my understanding of it.

Once you have entered your token, as long as you have the “Automatically reverify license” option set to yes in the options, it should reverify after the “License verification expiry” days. Shouldn’t have to re-enter my license manually anymore. At least that is my understanding of it.
Same for me on every boards using this add-on (y)

Bumping this thread...

Has this issue been resolved by the add-on author?

I like to use this add-on for my website.

It depends on if cloudflare is disliking your site which can make the API calls fail.

I haven't had any issues with this add-on but haven't really had time to dig into it.

It depends on if cloudflare is disliking your site which can make the API calls fail.

I haven't had any issues with this add-on but haven't really had time to dig into it.

I don't use Cloudflare for my website. I don't need it.

On reviewing the code, I found a bug where the unique token/domain code would fail when the "Automatically reverify license" feature was used.

Next version will require XF2.2+ and php 7.2+

Xon updated XenForo License Verification with a new update entry:

3.4.0 - Feature update

• Require php 7.2+
  • Require XenForo 2.2+
  • Require Standard Library by Xon v1.1.0+ (free)
  • Fix "Automatically reverify license" did not respect the unique token/domain options
  • Log errors on API failure
  • Add CLI command licence-xf:check to check a license (validation token+ domain)
  • Add CLI command licence-xf:user-check to check a user's licence
  • Vastly reduce...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon we have had to make some small adjustments to the license validation API in order to accommodate the creation and verification of validation tokens for XenForo Cloud customers.

We've chosen to distinguish cloud validation tokens from license validation tokens to make code paths slightly clearer and the response slightly changes if a cloud validation token is provided.

Changes:
  • Cloud validation tokens are still an md5 hash but they are prefixed with cl_ (so max of 35 characters)
  • license_token can be null in the response if a cloud validation token is used...
  • ...but a subscription_token is included in the response and is non-null if a cloud validation token is used
  • can_transfer is null if a cloud validation token is used
  • Cloud subscriptions can technically be known by two different domains but we only validate the currently active domain, i.e. if a customer is using a custom domain rather than the default initial subdomain of xenforo.cloud, xenforo-hosting.com or community.forum then only the custom domain will pass verification
None of these changes impact the existing license validation requests (tested with the latest version of this add-on).

The documentation has been updated accordingly here:

Let me know if you require a cloud validation token for testing and I will give you mine.

Top Bottom