Xenforo Domain Name Expired

ENF

Since the XF domain name has expired, many cannot access the site.

A temporary fix is to edit your local hosts file and add this line:

184.173.238.122 xenforo.com

That will force a resolution to Xenforo.com instead of the namecheap domain parking page.

Spread the word to help others get access here for the time being until they renew the domain name.

Cheers.

Just a side note - if you can access the site now, that means your local DNS hasn't updated its records or your local DNS cache still has the old entry. The above measure is just a temporary fix until they pay the renewal fee to their registrar.

It all honesty, this kind of site should have the auto-renew function enabled.
Well, yeah. Was under the impression that the rumors had started to die down, this is definitely going to fan some flames. This is really an unfortunate time for something like this to happen. Especially since it is as you pointed out: easily avoided.

Reactions: ENF
Slightly the heart attack didn't happen. Really it was impossible to prolong the domain in due time? :(

24 hours and we'll know more.

23:57 Support #1.: Domain can be renewed in the following way:
23:58 Support #1.: We will send the email to the holder of account under which xenforo.com currently is and inform him of your intent to renew the domain. If we do not hear from him within the next 24 hours or do not get any objection regarding your renewal we will ask you to add $10.87 to your account funds so that we can proceed with domain reactivation manually. Please note that you will not be provided with access to the account under which xenforo.com is after it is renewed.
23:58 Anonymous: cool.

Worst case scenario i'll renew one of my own domains if it's left unused.

I will say what I said at TAZ,

I am sure it's an oversight by Kier and Co. But not very professional and people will always keep referring to this... I can't imagine how something like this can happen though. Namecheap sends regular email reminders when domains are nearing expiration... Very unprofessional I must say.

I will say what I said at TAZ,

I am sure it's an oversight by Kier and Co. But not very professional and people will always keep referring to this... I can't imagine how something like this can happen though. Namecheap sends regular email reminders when domains are nearing expiration... Very unprofessional I must say.
They send 30, 15 and 7 day renewal notifications, and the expiration one. It's virtually impossible to miss those.

Unless you register with an address that you forget to set up forwarding on and then forget about it. I lost a domain due to that once.... never again :|

Top Bottom