1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo discounted

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by zoklegall, Apr 27, 2015.

1. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

Hello, with some few friends we are creating a little french community around the minecraft Skript plugin. (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/skript/).

We would like to ask you for a discount or a free version of XenForo to help us grow our community. Here is our website: www.SkriptFr.net

Thanks for taking into consideration our request.

- Jacques
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There are currently no discounts offered by XenForo.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

XenForo is already discounted, just compare its price to other commercial forum software and you'll see that in the price difference. :D
    Amaury likes this.
  4. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

I know but for a 3 person group without ads and not accepting donations getting 140$ is hard.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Hard, but not impossible. I've seen plenty of one-person teams do it with no problems. Just keep working at it and you'll eventually have the money you need. :)
  6. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

Yeah but we don't want to accept donations or have ads :/ Money doesn't just spawn.. (I don't think xD)
  7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I'd suggest getting a part time job (from what it sounds like, you and your buddies haven't graduated school yet). Between the three of you, you should be able to accumulate the $140USD fairly quickly. If you are (and your friends) are already working, just set aside (each) $20 USD a week. In about 2 weeks you will have enough to purchase it.
  8. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

Part time job with school at the same time is not really possible.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I did it.
    Amaury likes this.
  10. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

Okay so school starts at 7:30am finish at 4pm do an hour of homework it's five. And on week-ends we can't work :) Great!
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I had two jobs and used to get up before 0600 to do my first one, then do the second one after school and at weekends.
  12. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

Well in Switzerland you have to be 18 to work on week-ends and shops close at 5:30/6.What did you do at 6 in the morning?
  13. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately if you can't find $140 you can't buy XenForo. As harsh as that seems, that's life. Products have a price and it just so happens this product is priced competitively and discounts aren't appropriate as a result.

Neither do the development hours to build and support a product :)
  14. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Why don't you use a free solution, and then import once you get enough cash?

If you can't find the money for the license, how are you planning to host it?

I managed to purchase 3 licences (albeit one was second hand), and I'm 17 (and I had my first license at 15).

IPF likes this.
  15. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

A hosting provider liked the idea and gave us a web server :)
  16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You're 26; that shouldn't be a problem for you. :)

In general, though, that does make it a little harder, but not much. Here in the US you have to be 16 to work, but can't handle/sell alcohol until 21.
    Liam W likes this.
  17. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

I'm 26?
  18. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That's what your profile says:

Xanin and Liam W like this.
  19. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Yeah, well in the UK you can get a paper round at 13 (although the pay is worse than crap), and it's 16 for a normal part time job, with more hours at 17, and no restrictions at 18.

The good thing is at 16, you can sell alcohol as long as a supervisor authorises it. Home Bargains hires loads of young people to work in their stores...

Anyhow, like I said to the OP, I suggest you use a free solution. (Also, I wouldn't trust a free hosting account...)

20. zoklegall

zoklegall New Member

It's not a free one it's one of their hosting plans we got for free :)