XenForo discounted

I know but for a 3 person group without ads and not accepting donations getting 140$ is hard.

If you save $1 everyday.. so $1 × 3 = $3

$3 × 47 days = $141

So... in 47 days only you can buy Xenforo plus $1 you can use to save for XFRM

Last edited:
If the site will not make an income via advertising or with donations then you'll need to either think of a way for it to get an income stream or fund this yourself. Unless you plan to NEVER upgrade xenForo to newer versions then you should also bear in mind that Xenforo will need renewed EVERY YEAR - much like I assume you'll want to renew your domain name each year. If that all seems like too much money, then you'll need to use PHPbb or another free solution, it really is that simple.

I know but for a 3 person group without ads and not accepting donations getting 140$ is hard.

You should have ads and accept donations. If your users don't want to see ads, then maybe they can pay $2-$5 a month to go "ads free" and that can be how you generate some income.

Accepting donations to run a site is OK too, there's even a very good addon for it.

It's a great script and well worth the price.

How?
30 hr/week is roughly 4 hours per day.
With school being roughly 6 hours per day, that's a 10 hour day, not including homework etc.
Seriously, how?
About 6 hours sleep a day... when you want the money, you make adjustments to your lifestyle. Having a car (75 Chevy Camaro LT sports coupe with performance toys added) was more important than sitting on my butt watching TV or playing on computers (which we didn't have at the time).
It was 3 hours a night on weeknights (9p-12a) and then 8 hours on Friday and Saturday nights.

Last edited:
About 6 hours sleep a day... when you want the money, you make adjustments to your lifestyle. Having a car was more important than sitting on my butt watching TV or playing on computers (which we didn't have at the time).
It was 3 hours a night on weeknights (9p-12a) and then 8 hours on Friday and Saturday nights.

Darned america with their lax laws...

You can't work for that long until you're 16... And even then I don't think you can work that long.

Anyhow, I could do with getting some extra money, but I'm not a people person in person. Working behind a computer in an office is my kinda thing, and quite frankly there aren't any of those going for people still in sixth form...

He already is.. myBB, which has a converter to import, so he can use it while saving up his pennies. :D

Ah, that's what you get for skim-reading. Well, @zoklegall maybe you should start saving? Let us know when you've made the $140 ;)

Liam

Darned america with their lax laws...

You can't work for that long until you're 16... And even then I don't think you can work that long.
You have to remember... I'm 51, so when I was 15 that was 36 years (coming up on 37) ago.. like in 1979. :coffee:
Back then folks figured that you could work and go to school both - because that's what was normally done. Just a different era... we worked and did good in school - we didn't need big daddy government allocating our time for us.

Ah, that's what you get for skim-reading. Well, @zoklegall maybe you should start saving? Let us know when you've made the $140
Don't think he really mentioned it.. I just figured it out by going to his site and choosing his Forum link.;)

Don't think he really mentioned it.. I just figured it out by going to his site and choosing his Forum link.;)

I'm tired. Don't confuse my brain, it'll explode, and my brother'll wake up...

You have to remember... I'm 51, so when I was 15 that was 36 years (coming up on 37) ago.. like in 1979. :coffee:
Back then folks figured that you could work and go to school both - because that's what was normally done.

Hmmm, that's a long time ago. My mum was born in '77 ;)

Liam

Use free script like phpBB first if your minecraft is still under development and you and the other dev is currently busy doing something else.

With that, if you guys want to cancel the script development then you had nothing to hurt. No "useless" xenforo license.

And when the script is final and you guys ready for serious business then buy xenforo license.

Top Bottom