Xenforo Development

If the settlement is confidential, does this mean we'll never know who won?
Are people really still seeing this as anything other than a win for XenForo...? and, anyway, surely the definition of a "win" is defined differently for different people.

Quite clearly it's a win in the eyes of XenForo Limited as they agreed to whatever the settlement terms were. Quite clearly it's a win for XenForo because the lawsuit is over and the UK court case has also been dropped. Quite clearly it's a win for their customers because development is continuing with all three team members still on board. Quite clearly XenForo won. The fine-grained details of how or why they won are unimportant. The important fact is, XenForo won.

Heck, Internet Brands probably think of the entire thing as a win for them. They weakened their biggest threat. In the long run it won't do them any good. But it may also be a win in the sense that if it had gone to trial, they may have had to pay XenForo's legal fees if they lost. Well, they got out of that one, and saved a bit more money by not going to trial at all.

Heh, everyone's a winner I guess.

Heck, Internet Brands probably think of the entire thing as a win for them. They weakened their biggest threat. In the long run it won't do them any good. But it may also be a win in the sense that if it had gone to trial, they may have had to pay XenForo's legal fees if they lost. Well, they got out of that one, and saved a bit more money by not going to trial at all.
Internet Brands won too. It bought them all this time to get vBulletin 5 ready for its magnificent release...and magnificent it was! :cautious::LOL:

.star-red-bg-white.gif
WE WON
XF company - KAM and their families - the Grace lawyers - XF moderators - XF addon developers - we faithful supporters - our forum communities - the new incoming forum admins and their communities of users ... and ...
we made XF history​

Are people really still seeing this as anything other than a win for XenForo...? and, anyway, surely the definition of a "win" is defined differently for different people.

Quite clearly it's a win in the eyes of XenForo Limited as they agreed to whatever the settlement terms were. Quite clearly it's a win for XenForo because the lawsuit is over and the UK court case has also been dropped. Quite clearly it's a win for their customers because development is continuing with all three team members still on board. Quite clearly XenForo won. The fine-grained details of how or why they won are unimportant. The important fact is, XenForo won.

Heh, everyone's a winner I guess.

so thats the TRADEMARK OF IB,
#1 file a case even if its weak
#2 after 1-2years, leave the case
#3 the accused is weak and dying
#4 IB won by bullying the accused.

If you have ever even started getting ready for a lawsuit it can be a strain. I cannot imagine what the guys have been though. It has to be really tough.

While it is nice and encouraging to see KAM out here *just my opinion* given a choice I would rather them be getting 1.2 ready for release. Every moment of talking is less coding.

To the developers of add-on products. MUSH, get to work, we need stuff. :)

If you have ever even started getting ready for a lawsuit it can be a strain. I cannot imagine what the guys have been though. It has to be really tough.

While it is nice and encouraging to see KAM out here *just my opinion* given a choice I would rather them be getting 1.2 ready for release. Every moment of talking is less coding.

Jon really what a slave driver!
They'll work all the better for some lighthearted fluff time. For a high intensity craftworker if they don't take fluff time you have to force them to so they don't go flat, or worse, burn out.
Sadly XF has had its share of burnouts already. Whatever happens we mustnt let our precious KAM go that way.

Not getting at you Jon you just triggered the thoughts.
Speaking of not burning out I must to bed.

I'm just wondering if development continued during the lawsuit and they just couldn't release anything, or if there has been no development at all during the lawsuit period. I guess we'll know when they start giving more information about 1.2

I'm just wondering if development continued during the lawsuit and they just couldn't release anything, or if there has been no development at all during the lawsuit period. I guess we'll know when they start giving more information about 1.2
If one could attain access to the git/svn/hg/tfs log... You could ascertain the timeline of events.

jonsidneyb ->
bird_manager_cracking_whip.png

XF Customers Won... and we have to be thankful to KAM for that, after all they had to cough up the legal expenses.
3rd AnGle already said it... we, the XF current & future customers, have won. As soon as the lawsuit ended we were informed that the pre-lawsuit team of MKA is intact again, that the company is still an independent software house just like it was before, that updates are coming, and that even though we will never know the details of the settlement the future of XF looks bright & is marching forward. Our winter is over.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

During almost 2yrs of hiatus, did the developers not work on the code at all! Pretty hard to believe it... i am pretty sure something incredibly monumental is going to come up in announcements pretty soon... (y)

Top Bottom