1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo Development

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Dynamic, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

I just have a quick question. From this point forward who is going to be developing Xenforo?

1) Is Kier going to be adding/modifying Xenforo's code?
    2) Is Mike going to be adding/modifying Xenforo's code?

These are the two main questions I have on my mind. I am totally stoked the lawsuit is over. Can't wait for 1.2.
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

From the announcement, Kier and Mike are going to work at the code again. Even a 1.2 is -again- promised.
  3. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Read the announcement again. All 3 owners are committed. So thats Mike and Kier coding, Ashley doing business stuff.
    MYstIC G likes this.
  4. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, all 3 of KAM will be continuing to work on XenForo.
  6. Dynamic

Hi guys,

Yes, I read the thread, but that still does not answer my question. I understand they will be involved in it, but it does not state what jobs they will be doing from this point on. I know I am coming across as a bit of a **** here, but it is important to know that the future of the software is in good hands. Basically, will Mike and Kier be doing the exact same job with Xenforo they were doing when they first released it?

7. Slavik

Why would it be any different o_O
    Dodgeboard and Sheldon like this.
  8. Dynamic

Because the terms of the settlement will never be released. For all we know, their involvement in the future success of the software may simply be they are active in the community support forums, but coding/vision/etc is left to another party.
  9. Slavik

Errr, thats a bit doom and gloom :)

But no, things will be as they were before...
  10. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

11. Dynamic

I know it is a bit doom and gloom, but the last 6 months have been doom and gloom. If you say they will be as they were before (Mike and Kier coding/controlling Xenforo) then it is absolutely time to celebrate. I guess it really is time to move forward.
  12. Slavik

That it is!
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  13. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I think it is understandable that there will still be some uncertainty for a little while - but I would expect that to fade as development begins and XF starts moving forward again. (y)
  14. Sim

Sim Well-Known Member

Mike has been online and posted today - surely that removes any doubt from anyone's mind?

Time to move on and get back to running your community while we wait for some more XenForo goodness to come our way.
    Peggy, Rob Fritz, Sadik B and 4 others like this.
  15. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

There is no other reason to think otherwise. If you have doubts, look at the person who made the announcement here, and Mike's status update, ;)
    Shelley likes this.
  16. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing all the Confirmed prefixes in the Bugs forum to change to Fixed :)
    Dodgeboard, Alien and Brandon Sheley like this.
  17. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Only for a few people who are affflicted with a natural pessimism - and they couldn't help that.
    For most people here I've been immensely impressed with the courage, and good sense about keeping up our spirits. It's been a heroic and happy community - not at all doom and gloom.

By the way it's David's Day so here's a cheerful ddraig
  18. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Active Member

Glad to hear this.

Whats even funnier is that Xenforo without 8ish? months of development still beat another version 5 of a certain product that was being developed during that entire time.
    ManagerJosh, ArnyVee and twhiting9275 like this.
  19. Dynamic

My toaster is better forum software than "v5".
  20. Slavik

Many fixes!
    CyclingTribe likes this.