Xenforo Development

During almost 2yrs of hiatus, did the developers not work on the code at all! Pretty hard to believe it... i am pretty sure something incredibly monumental is going to come up in announcements pretty soon... (y)

1.1.3 was released in june of 2012 iirc. So not even a year...

jonsidneyb ->
bird_manager_cracking_whip.png
I ain't scared. :)

During almost 2yrs of hiatus, did the developers not work on the code at all! Pretty hard to believe it... i am pretty sure something incredibly monumental is going to come up in announcements pretty soon... (y)

2 years? The last update was almost a year, not 2 years.

Even still I feel the way XF handled, I mean completely dropped XF development was pretty bad. The owners completely and utterly gave up not only on development but the even responding on the forum - remember the questions thread that never got replied to?

I seen on the twitter feed they are now offering XF for $110... thanks but no thanks. I want to see active development for a while before I spend one more cent with XF.

Even still I feel the way XF handled, I mean completely dropped XF development was pretty bad. The owners completely and utterly gave up not only on development but the even responding on the forum - remember the questions thread that never got replied to?
I don't get why people are continuing to bash this drum. Can you not understand why they haven't replied on the forum? They had a highly stressful lawsuit going on and everything they do/said was probably being watched, and maybe they had to stop development? Furthermore, imagine how much stress they were under. A much bigger company suing them for no reason which had potential to end something wonderful that they created legally.

I seen on the twitter feed they are now offering XF for $110... thanks but no thanks. I want to see active development for a while before I spend one more cent with XF.

They didn't forced you to buy the software in 110$ through twitter. So I don't see why you are making big deal out of it. Software was on sale for those who wanted it. Period.

How can you say surely they completely give up or not? They would be working on it but they wouldn't be able to release it due to lawsuit.

That being said no one here purchased assuming 1.2 would be released. We purchased 1.1.3 and it was given to us.

It's not going to happen. It wasn't handled the way that suited us. We'd have liked at least a note saying 'sorry we are not going to discuss what's going on here, or why there is no development: you can get updates on the case here.' We didn't get it and it hurt the community/ us.

That's all about our point of view. Which matters. But actually XF spoiled us pamper style on respecting our point of view so it was a big shock on this one thing where they did not.

Need to accept that they did it awkwardly on this one thing.

I don't get why people are continuing to bash this drum. Can you not understand why they haven't replied on the forum? They had a highly stressful lawsuit going on and everything they do/said was probably being watched, and maybe they had to stop development? Furthermore, imagine how much stress they were under. A much bigger company suing them for no reason which had potential to end something wonderful that they created legally.

Digital Doctor pretty well summed it up.

But just to add, in my opinion XF handled things badly and until active development is restored for a while, I won't be trusting them nor sending them any other money. You don't have to agree with me, that's your right. I'm simply voicing my opinion just like any other member. If you want to pretend everything was handled perfectly in the last year and you want to take advantage of their sale then go right ahead and send them your money, they'll gladly take it. I on the other hand want to see some changes around here first, not just some announcement.

They didn't forced you to buy the software in 110$ through twitter. So I don't see why you are making big deal out of it.

You my friend are silly. At no point did anyone in this entire forum mention they was forced to purchase any version of XF, including their latest "sale". Quit trying to make things up. There is no "big deal".

You my friend are silly. At no point did anyone in this entire forum mention they was forced to purchase any version of XF, including their latest "sale". Quit trying to make things up. There is no "big deal".

If that wasn't a big deal then why you posted, Oh, it's on sale, I am not giving any cent to begin with? You are just simply exaggerating it. If you don't like to buy it then don't as simple as that. Stop saying the things which you mean and then imply it's not big deal or that's not what I mean.

Nowhere in the terms while you purchased the software it was mentioned Xenforo is entitled to give you updates every year or insight on what's happening. If Microsoft, Apple or other companies doesn't give you update on their next OS release do you go nuts on them saying oh I want update, tell me what's happening? No, I don't think so. So what's make Xenforo so different. At the end of the day it's just a company like other companies which sells software.

Off course you'r entitled to your opinion like everyone is but please stop acting like a kid that Xenforo cheated you and you lost trust and all. You paid for current release and they delivered it. They even extended 1 yr license for many users as a good gesture because of the lawsuit.

Welcome back dude. We're glad to have you :)
chill and let's look forward to a new xenforo release and KAM back involved with Xenforo.

...And watch Jake Bunce consume 24, yes 24 raw eggs in under 10 seconds. Formerly known to (can't remember the members name) mistaking him for Jack Bounce which I think is an equally awesome name to have.

The past is what it is. But nobody knows what the devs have been doing in the last year. They may have been providing their families with income through other ventures, or they may have a whole bunch of stuff coming up. Nobody knows that, but we will soon find out.

Hopefully they fully realize that there is a mass of customers that will jump from vb to XF if they see active development and if XF offers the essential functionality that allows vb websites to migrate.

If that wasn't a big deal then why you posted, Oh, it's on sale, I am not giving any cent to begin with? You are just simply exaggerating it. If you don't like to buy it then don't as simple as that. Stop saying the things which you mean and then imply it's not big deal or that's not what I mean.

Nowhere in the terms while you purchased the software it was mentioned Xenforo is entitled to give you updates every year or insight on what's happening. If Microsoft, Apple or other companies doesn't give you update on their next OS release do you go nuts on them saying oh I want update, tell me what's happening? No, I don't think so. So what's make Xenforo so different. At the end of the day it's just a company like other companies which sells software.

Off course you'r entitled to your opinion like everyone is but please stop acting like a kid that Xenforo cheated you and you lost trust and all. You paid for current release and they delivered it. They even extended 1 yr license for many users as a good gesture because of the lawsuit.

LoL... you make me chuckle. Again no one in any shape or form said they was promised a certain version nor forced to purchase any version of XF.

The point you miss as a fanboy is that when I purchased XF it WAS actively being developed, that stopped completely and thus so has my monetary support. You obviously don't like the point of view I hold and honestly I couldn't care any less. Now quit trying to make this a big deal, when it's simply an opinion you don't agree with. :cry:

The point you miss as a fanboy is that when I purchased XF it WAS actively being developed, that stopped completely and thus so has my monetary support. You obviously don't like the point of view I hold and honestly I couldn't care any less. Now quit trying to make this a big deal, when it's simply an opinion you don't agree with. :cry:
I don't think he's reacting as a "fanboy". It's probably just frustrating for him witnessing someone blindly ignore the other side of the fence. Has Xenforo ever done anything before this lawsuit that ruined the trust you had with them? If they didn't, then why do you find it hard to believe that continued development through a very stressful and unneeded lawsuit with a huge competitor was impossible? Whether it was for legal reasons, or for personal reasons, I highly doubt they simply turned their back on the community for no reason.

I couldn't care if you're going to purchase or not quite frankly, but I don't really think many users here who have stuck by Xenforo will appreciate the tone you're projecting. That tone honestly represents some sort of betrayal by KAM, and that is simply an ignorant assumption when we are presented with almost no evidence of such a thing. I can sympathise for KAM regarding everything that has happened, and I'm just glad development is going to continue and that IB did not get their own way.

Some people feel hurt, disappointed, entitled to something from KAM. Some people have said that things here were handled badly. People's opinions are personal to themselves and perfectly valid- for them.

What I don't agree with is that anything was handled poorly. To me, it is very simple- XF sold me a superior product at a very reasonable price. That is all I bargained for and I have always been satisfied with the product.
And, I disagree that KAM have to "mend fences" or "regain my trust" or any such (in my opinion) non-sense. Feel free to hold your own opinions. Just don't speak for me when you write about how some failure has impacted all of us and work needs to be done here.

You know what is going to happen? KAM and third party developers are going to start releasing software. People will love it and buy (or not). I don't think any melodrama about KAM restoring the trust is going to impact anything. That does not change the fact that it irks me that people want to go on with how they have been hurt by all of this. If you were here throughout, I have much greater respect for your opinion. If you decided to check out because of your being so wounded, but now are back, and want to go on about how your personal trust has been broken...I think it is lame and whiny. Better to have remained away if what KAM did was so traumatic. I don't think you are going to get some sort of personal attention, a tearful mea culpa or a hug from them. Probably, all you are going to get is the licence extension if you kept it active...and you are going to get a great product as it continues to develop. Being negative is not going to help the community, make it better, or change what happened in the past.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. No one has to like it. No one has to agree with it. It's mine.

Top Bottom