Xenforo Development

LMAO, you guys try so hard to read into stuff. I love this community!

No one, or at least I, has ever asked for any heartfelt apologies and certainly don't expect one.

My point pure and simple, I don't see any reason to continue to purchase new licenses or renew current licenses. Not anytime soon. Until it's been proven development really has been picked back up.

That said I certainly am hoping the best for XF. I was a supporter of XF when it first came out and have continued to hold onto my licenses (though did stop renewing them) even through all the down times. I ultimately hope to see XF return to it's glory.

I don't expect anyone to agree, and certainly not on this forum, but I'm still speaking my mind - like it or not. ;)

Before I say anything, were KAM allowed to work on XenForo during the lawsuit period, even only bugfixes releases?

Also looking forward to 1.1.4, then we'll talk 1.2.

LMAO, you guys try so hard to read into stuff. I love this community!

No one, or at least I, has ever asked for any heartfelt apologies and certainly don't expect one.

My point pure and simple, I don't see any reason to continue to purchase new licenses or renew current licenses. Not anytime soon. Until it's been proven development really has been picked back up.

That said I certainly am hoping the best for XF. I was a supporter of XF when it first came out and have continued to hold onto my licenses (though did stop renewing them) even through all the down times. I ultimately hope to see XF return to it's glory.

I don't expect anyone to agree, and certainly not on this forum, but I'm still speaking my mind - like it or not. ;)
Well you do have the option of holding your renewals until KAM show the world the next version of XenForo. :)
I do agree that KAM could have done better in reassuring stuff are going on, but oh well, it's all in the past.

If there was NO lawsuit and the 10 months of silence and no releases had happened then I could see that as being bad. But there was a lawsuit, so there was a reason why. Now that lawsuit is fully over there is no reason to be concerned anymore IMO. I'm honestly really excited to start seeing Have you seen?... Threads again. And I'm positive once they start being posted again it will bring back confidence in those that lost it.

I think a lot of the reason that many felt disappointed at the lack of a message from KAM was that KAM had already raised the level of communication with customers. Unlike elsewhere XF customers were kept frequently and clearly informed on what was going on. The big silence was a shock after having so much info flow for over a year.

Many of us knew what it was like before XF when another company said nothing and suddenly changed the rules of the game unfairly and we lost money and got landed with bad software as well. A bit more than a year with XF was not enough to get our trust rooted - it was an amazing start but not yet established. So we naturally felt anxious and panicky ... oh this is all too familiar.

So I think KAM fell victim to their own high performance which raised expectations and so led to disappointment when times got tough and they could not keep it up.

It is also relevant that the main demand was for some brief messages along the lines of 'sorry for so little communication but we can't tell you anything else yet.' Noticeably a very few words from any of the three were hailed and celebrated as enormous reassurance even if they really said little.
People felt we were asking for so little so why couldn't we have it?
What we found hard to keep hold of is that we could not know their point of view. Some members did keep reminding of this, bless them. What was a tiny but all important thing to us obviously looked different to them or they'd have done it.

The thing that matters in the end is we all came through it. XF is rising again, KAM are working as a team again, our mods have had combat training in their skills! and those of us who stuck it out (even if with wobbles here and there) are the winners too as we are XF supporters as well as customers. Those who are coming back now the war is over are also on the win. I make that 9 wins!

rose.webpWIN

I think a lot of the reason that many felt disappointed at the lack of a message from KAM was that KAM had already raised the level of communication with customers. Unlike elsewhere XF customers were kept frequently and clearly informed on what was going on. The big silence was a shock after having so much info flow for over a year.

Many of us knew what it was like before XF when another company said nothing and suddenly changed the rules of the game unfairly and we lost money and got landed with bad software as well. A bit more than a year with XF was not enough to get our trust rooted - it was an amazing start but not yet established. So we naturally felt anxious and panicky ... oh this is all too familiar.

So I think KAM fell victim to their own high performance which raised expectations and so led to disappointment when times got tough and they could not keep it up.

It is also relevant that the main demand was for some brief messages along the lines of 'sorry for so little communication but we can't tell you anything else yet.' Noticeably a very few words from any of the three were hailed and celebrated as enormous reassurance even if they really said little.
People felt we were asking for so little so why couldn't we have it?
What we found hard to keep hold of is that we could not know their point of view. Some members did keep reminding of this, bless them. What was a tiny but all important thing to us obviously looked different to them or they'd have done it.

The thing that matters in the end is we all came through it. XF is rising again, KAM are working as a team again, our mods have had combat training in their skills! and those of us who stuck it out (even if with wobbles here and there) are the winners too as we are XF supporters as well as customers. Those who are coming back now the war is over are also on the win. I make that 9 wins!

Very well said.

With people supporting the software like Digitalpoint and the direct communication between xf developers and customers, XenForo is the best software.

I think we all know what would stop this drum.
The answer is simple.
It's also convenient or naive to pretend this drum doesn't exist.
I don't like hearing it.
But It's naive to pretend there is no drum.

Mike = Drummer killer. Soon ?

Attachments

• mike.kills.the.drum.soon.webp
    mike.kills.the.drum.soon.webp
    51 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom