XenForo.com Add-Ons / Resources System

One thing that was looked down in vb.org was having Paid Mods in there. An implementation of donations by paypal was made, but .. after several hacks, I have yet to get even 1c :) Other people might have had more success.
I've already made more off XenForo than I have in several years at vBulletin.

I love the idea and it would be great to have paid apps, an automatic install system (you paid for your addon and it is delivered to your XF installation automatically), addons reviews (comments, stars), sorting options, searching, categories... I can keep dreaming :p

Reactions: gib
I find it interesting that IPB uses the software that they sell for their marketplace. They hit two birds with one stone. And if I read it correctly they are planning to do the same with their coming App store.
Hopefully Kier and Mike will develop something for their add-on system, that can also be released.

IPB is ahead of the game ... ANY forum solution not providing a marketplace on their site AND marketplace capability for their customer's forums is lacking vision :)

Actually, the idea is for xenForo. I wanted to ask if its possible to create a System for the Addon/Modification Section which will inform the Users, via email or within the forum, about changes or updates?

Well, for now ....
You'd best subscribe (aka Watch) the Addon's thread.
I have suggested an "ALERT ME" feature (similar to like, in that it is easy to sign up).

xenforo-someone-is-planning-on-doing-something-with-alert-me-jpg.8443

Essentially you want an Alert Me for Addon updates.

In the Add-on Releases, there are 142 entries. http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-releases.32/
It seems like a daunting task to search through these for a new visitor to Xenforo.com
There are many threads here where I try to point pre-sales members to the Plugins they may need to get their site going. I have to search for the item (ie. Xenporta) copy the link, paste it here. If there are a couple option for their request, I have to do this multiple times.
Could someone make a "Pages" Page of these addons ?

Also some of them are payed addons telling you to go to there site
maybe sort normal / Paid out

I'm not advocating for me, I know all the Addons.
I'm suggesting the Pre-Sales people are in need of help here.
I'm sure a solution is in the works.
I hope the solution involves something more than what vBulletin had ... as that wasn't an optimal solution.

I'm suggesting the need for an interim solution for the Pre-Sales people.
I think Pages could do well here.
I don't think it would take a moderator very long to categorize the Addons. And as new ones come out simply add them to a category.

Reactions: Ati
We have plans for a proper solution for releasing and supporting add-ons, but we don't even have 1.0.0 stable released yet. Patience.
Now this is interesting news.. I knew it was just a matter of time.. But im certainly intrigued.

I myself know most of the Addons - and even I'm getting confused with so many great options !

Any suggestions for an Interim Solution ?

Top Bottom