XenForo Cloud discussion

Sorry, but it was not clear from the subs page. Elastic Search service is included as well?
Currently running it on EL Cloud, but if all is packed in XF cloud this is something to consider in the future.

This thread is fine to ask questions for now, but you're right that separate threads per-topic is probably better overall.

However, the level of support between cloud and self-hosted customers is intended to be the same for the most part. Therefore all members should post in the existing relevant forums if they have questions. We aren't expecting to segregate questions into separate forums.

XenForo pre-sale questions forum is probably ideal if you have questions about the service before signing up.

I have a new project coming up which might just take significant traffic, I plan to start on it soon and I like that I can increase my plan as traffic grows.

Having used cloud for a few months now I am exceedingly happy with it especially the fact that I don't really worry about any of the details. I have enough on my hands answering community concerns, I don't need the technical aspects on top of that. I'm quite happy letting Xenforo handle that part and that frees up my time for the next project.

I have a noob question regarding the Xenforo. In one of the initial thread responses, I read that with Xenforo cloud, there will be no access to server given. Does that mean we don't get FTP access to our installation?. And any idea when can is Xenforo cloud going live?.

I have a noob question regarding the Xenforo. In one of the initial thread responses, I read that with Xenforo cloud, there will be no access to server given. Does that mean we don't get FTP access to our installation?. And any idea when can is Xenforo cloud going live?.
It’s a fully managed service, so we don’t provide FTP access. Upload of addons and style assets is all handled via the Admin CP.

and it’s live right now!

Nice, very responsive indeed.
I can't wait for the XF importer to go live. That would allow me to shutdown 3 VPS's which I currently use for just one forum :)
A production server, a test server to test system updates and an eleasticsearch server.
... and some free time.

Reactions: Lee
I will too switch my existing community to XenForo Cloud when the import service goes live :)

It won’t be long. This is actually something we’re working on this week.

This will involve two different phases. We’re focusing on XF to XF Cloud migration first. The second phase will be non-XF to XF imports.

The XF to XF process will not be a traditional import; after all if you did an XF to XF import in the usual way with the existing importers it wouldn’t maintain third party add-ons and many other customisations.

So it’s a special approach and one that will be managed by us.

There will be a cost involved but we’ll share more details soon.

Nice, very responsive indeed.
I can't wait for the XF importer to go live. That would allow me to shutdown 3 VPS's which I currently use for just one forum :)
A production server, a test server to test system updates and an eleasticsearch server.
... and some free time.
You still want a test/staging server (or XF cloud instance) to test out changes/tests/updates right?

An extra test instance would still be needed indeed. This will double the cost if we do this in the XF cloud so that might not be the most cost effective solution.

How exactly would XF be able to transfer a URL to someone which is a sub-domain of the root domain which XF owns?

Technically this would be no problem at all. Just add name server records for the subdomain and all is set.

You even could charge a "Usage Fee" for it, like all that domain registries do.

Technically this would be no problem at all. Just add name server records for the subdomain and all is set.

You even could charge a "Usage Fee" for it, like all that domain registries do.

I’d absolutely pay to get a xxxx.community.forum URL point to our actual (non-cloud) domain.

Top Bottom