Add-on XenForo Blogs Add-on in Development

It's very low priority now, as lots of things popped up and we've got lots of updates to do for our already paying customers. As this consumes a lot of time without pay, whilst the others are paid for, it becomes lower priority.

It's very much possible we'd have to leave this for XF 2 as I'd predict a beta coming out by the time we're free.

It's very low priority now, as lots of things popped up and we've got lots of updates to do for our already paying customers. As this consumes a lot of time without pay, whilst the others are paid for, it becomes lower priority.

It's very much possible we'd have to leave this for XF 2 as I'd predict a beta coming out by the time we're free.

:-(

@Mouth got it right. This addon of @Robust is indeed vaporware lol :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, we are pushing this back to XF2. Work load is too high, so unfortunately all we did for XF1's version (which was a fair bit, tbh) is going to be wasted. Our work load is too high. Apologies, but you can still see this later for XF2... sometime 2017 perhaps?

Is this dead?
The didn't even care to comment on my blog related post.
This project was discontinued. It wasn't deemed worthwhile finishing for XF1 at the time, though I was expecting XF2 to be released earlier. In hindsight, I would've finished the add-on if I'd have known XF2 was still quite far away.

An XF2 version is not currently in the works. I would take a non-conventional approach to this if I was to do it for XF2, an extension of the approach I took for XF1, as I think current blog integration design is heavily dated.

That said, an XF2 version is not planned either. I don't believe the sales and demand for a blog system would recoup development cost, even though XF2 does greatly decrease the development burden of making complex resources. I wouldn't intend to push a product I'm not fully satisfied with into production and stable release, and I'm not convinced sales would fund that journey. I think this is a problem XenForo development still sees, especially with larger add-ons like this. Without the necessary interest, it's hard to allocate time (and hence funding) to a project.

I believe @Bob plans to update his blog solution from XF1 to XF2, though. I cannot comment on any progress he's made and/or if he still intends to go ahead and update his blog add-on. His add-ons are considered quite solid though so my recommendation would be to contact him if you require a blogging solution for XF2. If you need it for XF1, I believe he already has an add-on for this.

Top Bottom