Add-on XenForo Blogs Add-on in Development

Only the beta will be available for purchase, for the sake of satisfaction. The "alpha" will be between a private group of people just to ensure we meet satisfaction.
Any chance I can get in on this private group? I've alpha/beta tested stuff many different times and me and and my users (over 350) can certainly provide valuable feedback...

I am willing to alpha or beta test. I currently test DBTech addons. :)

I also currently use better blogs.

@Shamatix @hollosch i don't smoke :D
And anyway, explain me where i can find a better blog script.
Please try to keep the thread relevant to the topic (Apantic's Blogs add-on). If you want to find a blog add-on already on the market, feel free to search or create a relevant thread :)

Any news about alpha or beta or stable release dates ?
There's progress, yeah. It's coming together well. A lot of the blog features are done, blog index page isn't done, but the blogs themselves work and blog entries can be created, comments, etc. It's still a long way to do, it's not a basic add-on, to be honest. The best ETA right now is before Christmas... 2018 (just kidding)... coming soon ®. I'd say within the next few months we'd be looking at a beta if you're eagerly looking for an ETA. We have the foundations and a lot of the framework/features down, but there's still a long way to go and we're constantly changing our own code as we go as well as advancing Apantic Core.

It's not our intention to release something buggy, so we are trying to perfect it. Once we've got the blog view finalised (I think it's pretty good) we can release some screenshots of what we have, which I'm sure will excite some.

We initially gave an ETA of late February but for a polished beta release I think we'd be looking at sometime March, but it's rather early to say. It's a long-ish time, but we do want to get it right. We don't want to rush it.
We're about half way through so far, so perhaps March? Importers will come with the beta releases, probably after the first beta release.

I really can't say for certain, but we'd be talking a few months. Still quite far away to give an accurate date.

... coming soon ®. I'd say within the next few months we'd be looking at a beta if you're eagerly looking for an ETA.

Sorry, but cannot say I'm too excited by this anymore. I've changed my opinion to it being vapourware and will un-watch thread.

Less than 4 weeks ago it was a polished release in March. Then 3 weeks ago it was half way and perhaps March. 2 weeks ago it suddenly changed to a few months.

There's progress, yeah. It's coming together well. A lot of the blog features are done, blog index page isn't done.

@Robust Just a suggestion, as friend. Don't release continuely deadline. Otherwise you lose your reputation. And also, don't pretend to release entire mod. Publish it and then you release updates.

Sorry, but cannot say I'm too excited by this anymore. I've changed my opinion to it being vapourware and will un-watch thread.

Less than 4 weeks ago it was a polished release in March. Then 3 weeks ago it was half way and perhaps March. 2 weeks ago it suddenly changed to a few months.
It's the best we can do for an ETA if that's all we're being asked. I can release a buggy product as it is right now if you like, but it'll be the same people complaining we didn't do it properly. This thread wasn't intended to create "hype", but more for suggestions on what potential customers and interested consumers would want to see from this add-on. It isn't an announcement of release or a marketing strategy, it's a feedback thread.

It's the best we can do for an ETA if that's all we're being asked. I can release a buggy product as it is right now if you like, but it'll be the same people complaining we didn't do it properly. This thread wasn't intended to create "hype", but more for suggestions on what potential customers and interested consumers would want to see from this add-on. It isn't an announcement of release or a marketing strategy, it's a feedback thread.
Could we at least see a screenshot or two of what is currently working, even somewhat working?

Hi @Robust do you have any updated info on how this is going at all?
No progress since the last update (early March). We've had to shift priority to MineSync and User Profile Progress' major updates and also Apantic's new website. It's been shifted to the side until all of that is done.

Top Bottom