XF 2.0 xenForo 2 Rss Eror

It's difficult for us to help unless you try the troubleshooting process we ask. We need you to try RSS feeds to different domains to help us confirm if it's specific to that URL or general. If it's general, it's likely to be related to an outbound firewall.

I can see requests from what I believe is your site to that RSS feed (the user agent includes the URL) and they're returning a 200 OK . I don't see any 403s for that URL in our logs, so if that's being returned, it could be above our server configuration (such as in CloudFlare). If that's the case then, it's likely to be because of a bad reputation for the IP the request is coming from.

If I can see it hitting our server (as I expect), then I can't understand why you're getting a 403; we know other people use that RSS feed without issue. Otherwise, if it's IP reputation, then that would really only be resolvable by changing your IP.

If you send me the IP which we're getting the requests from (and the URL of the install in question), I can try to confirm what I'm seeing in our logs.

Well I can't actually find any requests from that IP or including that domain in our access logs (from today or yesterday). I don't see any firewall events related to that IP either. So assuming you're still attempting to hit our server from them, they don't appear to be reaching us at all.

I'm afraid that I still can't see any requests from that IP or URL in our logs. I see plenty of other requests hitting this RSS feed (many using XF2). The fact that you're getting a 403 certainly makes me think that it's something on your end that is blocking it. However, I will see whether I can make a simple test script to give you more details about what the returned content is. This will take some time though.

Top Bottom