XF 2.2 Pulling forum RSS feed into website...works...but only for titles...what do I use for content snippet?

Chernabog

I've (thank you ChatGPT) been able to pull some forums into a webpage (rss feed) and it now shows the titles of the threads in the forum. However, I am trying to pull in a snippet of the actual thread's content. That's not going well - doesn't seem able to do that.

This is what I am getting:

"For the thread content, the RSS feed's <description> element typically contains the content. We'll truncate the content to 200 characters (for best practice, a balance between brevity and content delivery) for visual clarity. If the content is shorter than 200 characters, it will display the whole content."

Does anyone know what < > element I need to use to specify the thread's content? Any help would be appreciated!! Trying to get ready for a launch tomorrow and this is the last thing I need to do :(

Thank you!!

Okay not to beat the horse.... but let me also ask, whoever may be able to help, is there a way I can limit how many threads are pushed to the rss feed? Like I don't want to bog down our news and updates on the launcher with 50 threads or a never ending amount of them.

I was thinking the newest 5 or maybe by date?? Just curious if anyone knows if or how it's possible to control so that it doesn't overwhelm what we're using it for.

Thanks and happy weekend all! :)

Any thoughts @Paul B ? :D

Top Bottom