Xenforo 2.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you know that we employed directly from the community. That is the only place we advertised the developer role.
I did not know that. Or perhaps I forgot about it, sorry. Can we know the name?

IMHO, if the reputation of the principals / co-founders who are already behind XenForo isn't enough, I cannot see what incremental "confidence" that disclosing new, individual team members would add.

The fact that XenForo is taking market share from long-established platforms, and has a vibrant developer community around it, and is actively supported with updates and new releases, and are heavily & directly engaged with customers here in this forum, should provide as much confidence as anything could.

The XF principals did provide several months ago an update on XF 2.2, in a post here on the forum.
Gerry, no offence intended, but I am following this scene for a decade now. I don't need marketing slogans. Also it is a strawman's logic, I never said the reputation of the current team is not enough. It is not a case of reputation. It is about development progress. The product is great, the development slow. So, it can mean something if they added someone hardworking. I know from observation anyone in the community, I have a vague idea of things, of course my own opinions. But this is not the subject of this. As said, I am just desperate to get any information at this point. Like some kind of an ignition, a spark, something, anything.

It is just a question. We all are in this community. They are not transparent with us, so it is normal to ask for the tiniest bit of information, don't you think? I think we all display enough patience, waiting for months for a new update. So, please, bear with me. For the last updates I had a vague idea of which direction they will go, but this time I have no idea at all. They might suprise us this time, and maybe resolve things which I personally find important (or maybe not). And since we get no information, I am withholding projects. I have relatively big plans for my community and I need closure. So since they never tell what they are working on, maybe knowing the dev might give us some hype.

Your whole 2nd paragraph was marketing-talk. I did ask for the developer name, and your response was how good XF is.
Think about it. I ask about A and your response is about B. Nothing to do with my question.

Last edited:
Well, you got some "marketing-talk" out of it. Should be nutritious for you ......
wormhole.gif

@Chris D - Just wanna say your doing a great job! My coding project couldn't exist without you! The rapid development from x1 has been understandable, just keep 2.1 going as long as you can haha :D Xenforo along with @ThemeHouse (xpress) and @Jaxel's (wiki) should be purchased from the devs haha and implemented into xenforo (and that would be good for 2.2). A portal and wiki... maybe a wish :D and @AndyB excellent tweaks that should be somewhat default in xenforo :D

@Chris D - Just wanna say your doing a great job! My coding project couldn't exist without you! The rapid development from x1 has been understandable, just keep 2.1 going as long as you can haha :D Xenforo along with @ThemeHouse (xpress) and @Jaxel's (wiki) should be purchased from the devs haha and implemented into xenforo (and that would be good for 2.2). A portal and wiki... maybe a wish :D and @AndyB excellent tweaks that should be somewhat default in xenforo :D
Be careful with posts like this — you may get called out for using “marketing-talk” !!

I think everyone has missed the obvious.
Liam was a valued member of this community and a talented programmer, who had worked closely with XenForo Ltd. fixing bugs and consulting on new features.
I believe if there was anyone from the community that was next in line to join the team it would have been Liam. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom