Xenforo 2.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patiently waiting for a forum software that goes in the mobile app direction which is what needs to happen.
Most forum software is movign away from archaic and restrictive mobile apps which add way more maintenance and headaches to admins than anything else.

Users: We want Apps, We Want Apps.
Admins/Site Owners: Well YOU can troubleshoot them every time they screw up (which is often an "every time a phone / OS updates" thing).

They are hugely restrictive and prevent forum and theme operators getting the absolute best functionality out of forums.

I'd prefer a mobile responsive fully featured forum, over a "hobbled because people want an app" forum.

My experience with social media is that it is fine for general chit-chat, but if you want focussed discussions on a topic(s), a forum works better. I guess a well-structured, tightly modded FB group might do it but I was never happy with how threading worked in FB groups. Long threads get kind of confusing I find vs. similar threads in good forum software.

The last HYS of the 1.5 series was "Assorted Improvements". The last one for 2.1 was the same. (2.0 had only one thread and not a series of announcements)
So, I believe it is very likely that today's HYS was the last one for the core.
There might be HYS threads for the official addons though.

The final (?) table.

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Jun 1Jun 2Jun 3Jun 4Jun 5Jun 6Jun 7
✓ - 15:00 ✓ - 15:03✓ - 15:17
Jun 8Jun 9Jun 10Jun 11Jun 12Jun 13Jun 14
✓ - 13:57✓ - 15:25✓ - 15:35
Jun 15Jun 16Jun 17Jun 18Jun 19Jun 20Jun 21
✓ - 19:46✓ - 16:56✓ - 14:50
Jun 22Jun 23Jun 24Jun 25Jun 26Jun 27Jun 28
✓ - 17:13??
Jun 29Jun 30Jul 1Jul 2Jul 3Jul 4Jul 5
???

Well, If I had XFMG, I would feel the same :D. The whole stuff around attachments needs a real big overhaul but I believe that these things won't be addressed in the current HYS. But who knows.

I disabled XFMG because users were divided between two sections.

If we could just post the same gallery/videos in threads, it's a lot easier for members to navigate.

My typical readers is usually 50+, so I need to keep that in mind and keep it all simple.

When necessary then it will be. To do this, you need to do quite a bit of work for 2.2. 2.1 is already a very serious application and for 2.2 it is not very necessary to rush. Now there are more important tasks and bug fixes. In addition, it will be necessary to update the code base for PHP 7.2 and get rid of the hereditary code and compatibility with older versions. Everything needs to be reviewed all the proposals and some specific to implement. Yes, and the editor needs to be updated, but there are tasks and more importantly and there is no need to rush. The code base is already good, which only needs improvement or a census of certain points.

What are new features especially??
It would be important to extend the so-called profile messages.
There are no attachments, activity, emotions, etc.
Who can see the posting? This function is also missing.
The forum is missing e.g. Anonymous Writing, hashtags.
Answer and evaluate questions in the profile.

It seems to me that forums software creators want to create something old of their own,
but this will lead to forums dying out if you don't follow up.
If you don't want it, you can deactivate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom