✓✓✓✓✓✓
✓✓✓✓✓✓
✓✓✓✓✓✓
✓✓✓✓✓✓
✓✓✓✓✓✓
Jun 15Jun 16Jun 17Jun 18Jun 19Jun 20Jun 21
Jun 22Jun 23Jun 24Jun 25Jun 26Jun 27Jun 28
Jun 29Jun 30Jul 1Jul 2Jul 3Jul 4Jul 5

Not sure. You aren't thinking about the thread over on The Admin Zone, are you?

It must have just been this thread because I don't use TheFanboyZone. ;)

I just purchased a forum that runs on vB. I want to convert it to xF as quickly as possible, but there are a few addons I'm going to have to re-write first. I'm not likely to be finished with that, regardless of when I start, until after xF 2.2 is released. So, my question is, should I wait until xF 2.2 is released to start re-writing those addons, or will I be safe to go ahead and start now?

In other words, what are the chances that what I do now will be broken by the time xF 2.2 is released? Obviously I'd test everything before upgrading, anyways, but I'd hate to do a lot of work then have to redo it because it's not compatible...but I also don't want to wait to get this site converted...vB 4...is...old...

In other words, what are the chances that what I do now will be broken by the time xF 2.2 is released?
Very slim. These are fairly iterative changes and improvements with very few backwards incompatible changes.

Not promising a totally frictionless experience but mostly painless and certainly getting a head start should be a net benefit.

I just purchased a forum that runs on vB. I want to convert it to xF as quickly as possible, but there are a few addons I'm going to have to re-write first. I'm not likely to be finished with that, regardless of when I start, until after xF 2.2 is released. So, my question is, should I wait until xF 2.2 is released to start re-writing those addons, or will I be safe to go ahead and start now?

In other words, what are the chances that what I do now will be broken by the time xF 2.2 is released? Obviously I'd test everything before upgrading, anyways, but I'd hate to do a lot of work then have to redo it because it's not compatible...but I also don't want to wait to get this site converted...vB 4...is...old...
Out of pure interest - what addons are these that aren't already available?

Could someone make a qualified guess when 2.2 will be released? August or more like January 2022?

Thing is thinking about upgrading from 1.5 pretty soon, and the new features look great. And doing two upgrades to 2.1 and then to 2.2 would just add lots of work.

My guess is that it's not a lot of work.

So far I have not seen any breaking changes going from 2.1 to 2.2 so it should be a regular upgrade without any issues.

Could someone make a qualified guess when 2.2 will be released? August or more like January 2022?

Thing is thinking about upgrading from 1.5 pretty soon, and the new features look great. And doing two upgrades to 2.1 and then to 2.2 would just add lots of work.
2.1 > 2.2 apparently will be as painless as 2.0 > 2.1, because the entire upgrade system changed with v2 to make things way easier to future versions.

This is mostly the same as what was asked above. It shouldn’t be lots of work.

Very slim. These are fairly iterative changes and improvements with very few backwards incompatible changes.

Not promising a totally frictionless experience but mostly painless and certainly getting a head start should be a net benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom