XenForo 2.0 - New Design?

I like hearing responsive design. Apps and extra for users to download just is not the way to go. A website should be just as viewable on mobile as it is on desktop. When I visit XF.com on my phone or ipad I feel right at home as if I was almost browsing on my desktop.

I like hearing responsive design. Apps and extra for users to download just is not the way to go. A website should be just as viewable on mobile as it is on desktop. When I visit XF.com on my phone or ipad I feel right at home as if I was almost browsing on my desktop.
I like how is structured XenForo in Responsive design. Which is fine, it's viewable on mobile on a desktop (not as on IP.Board 4.0 or vBulletin). Many do not like, but I appreciate so much.

Afaik every major forum software versions introduced a new design, so there is a chance the same wil be happening to xenforo.

Offtopic: @Weydigo, are you related to @Waindigo, by chance?

Probably, seeing as how it is being recoded I don't see the point of porting the current design to the XF 2.0 so they will probably make a new one.

Probably, seeing as how it is being recoded I don't see the point of porting the current design to the XF 2.0 so they will probably make a new one.
It's actually not a good idea to introduce a completely new design as it'll break most style and add-ons. More often than not you would just refine and perhaps change the design language (go flatter, change coloring, adjust typography and white space usage, etc).

I'm hoping 2.0 brings refinement to the design, and more robustness to the styling system and especially the template modification system.

XenForo has quite a modern system. Expect 'major' design changes, but not a complete overhaul I'd assume. In a X-x level release there should be major changes, but not like a completely different piece of forum software.

From my own (perhaps selfish) standpoint, I don't care if it's just a mild refreshing of the layout, or drastically redone--I run the forum based on making it easy for users to participate, and easy for moderators to do their jobs. Most suggestions I've posted or features I've asked about revolve around this.

Having said that, members do not like change. So we cannot get anything too drastic. We did have some very vocal complainers when we switched from vB 3.7, some who still snipe at us to this day, but for the most part, everyone adapted very quickly. If XF had been a usabililty trainwreck, it would have gone far worse. The more "social" things can be made, the better. My gut feeling is that XF2 will head in that direction...easier to use, more cool features, more connections to draw people in from social media.

In a X-x level release there should be major changes, but not like a completely different piece of forum software.
I hope you are right, and actually I think you are right.

I still remember, when we had to update vBulletins vB3.8 to vB4.0... I wished, we had never done this. And since the vB4 update horror, I was looking for something better, which finally let us migrate to XenForo this year.

The UI is good but please Mike for whoever you love most in this world don't allow Kier to choose the color combination!!! Kier is a good programmer and a good UI designer too however he sucks for choosing color schemes! Imho the color combination of the stock XF design makes it look like a forum software for childs :censored:

however he sucks for choosing color schemes! Imho the color combination of the stock XF design makes it look like a forum software for childs

It's probably best we keep personal insults out of this.

Please don't change completely!!! Didn't you see the change of vBulletin? That is a complete change

That's the point of first-point releases, though.

The UI is good but please Mike for whoever you love most in this world don't allow Kier to choose the color combination!!! Kier is a good programmer and a good UI designer too however he sucks for choosing color schemes! Imho the color combination of the stock XF design makes it look like a forum software for childs :censored:
No tag? You love tagging! How will they see your post without a tag?

@Kier @Mike

There.

As much as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it would be nice if you gave constructive criticism instead of just telling someone they suck at something.

Just to make it clear I respect Kier very much because, as I said on my previous message, I believe he is a very good programmer and a good UI architect too.

I just believe that the job of choosing the color combination for the default XF theme should be assigned to a professional designer.

English isn't my native language so when I say someone suck at doing something I understand it as if that person isn't good at doing that. I don't have any intention of being offensive nor rude.

My two cents.

Top Bottom